Elvas Tower: RailDriver Stopped Working After U2023.01.22-0351 - Elvas Tower

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

RailDriver Stopped Working After U2023.01.22-0351 Throttle, Reverser, Brakes Not Working on Specific Loco Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Traindude 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 24 January 2023 - 02:31 PM

Hi:

After updating to U2023.01.22--0351 or later, for some reason, my RailDriver isn't responding correctly when I run my Challenger Test model. Pushing the blue buttons on the lower front panel (Driving aids, view controls, etc.) actually works, as do the horn, bell, sand, emergency brake, and so forth, but the other, "primary" controls--Reverser, Brakes, Throttle, Headlight, etc.--do absolutely nothing when I move them.

The locomotive was working fine with the RailDriver before the update, and recalibrating the RailDriver doesn't make any difference. The problem seems to only affect my Challenger as all my other locomotives seem to work properly with RailDriver.

There is no mention of this problem in the Log files. I have already posted a similar thread on the "Maybe It's a Bug" board but so far people have ignored it.

Here is a link to my Challenger for anyone else with a RailDriver to test to see if they experience a similar problem:
Here a Google Drive link to the locomotive

What's going on?

#2 User is offline   Niknak 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:OR NewYear MG

Posted 25 January 2023 - 02:41 AM

Well I don't have the answer I'm afraid but I can confirm that the controls you mention don't work for me either using RailDriver but do work on the keyboard. I'm using the latest ORMG version and other steam locos (Decapod for example) work fine with my RailDriver. Hope that helps you a little in narrowing it down.

#3 User is offline   Traindude 

• Engineer

Posted 25 January 2023 - 06:54 PM

View PostNiknak, on 25 January 2023 - 02:41 AM, said:

Well I don't have the answer I'm afraid but I can confirm that the controls you mention don't work for me either using RailDriver but do work on the keyboard. I'm using the latest ORMG version and other steam locos (Decapod for example) work fine with my RailDriver. Hope that helps you a little in narrowing it down.

Yeah. I'm still able to control the throttle, reverser and brakes with a keyboard but it's a bit cumbersome. As I have said, RailDriver works fine with other locos but not my Challenger and I don't know why. I've combed the .eng file, but I found nothing amiss. Maybe there's something I'm not seeing.

#4 User is offline   Niknak 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:OR NewYear MG

Posted 28 January 2023 - 03:47 AM

Not sure if it's relevant but I get a Conbuilder error saying the Challenger eng file isn't in unicode.

#5 User is offline   Traindude 

• Engineer

Posted 28 January 2023 - 06:17 PM

View PostNiknak, on 28 January 2023 - 03:47 AM, said:

Not sure if it's relevant but I get a Conbuilder error saying the Challenger eng file isn't in unicode.

I don't use Conbuilder (don't wanna pay the fee) but I did try to use my text editor, PSPad, to convert the .eng and tender .wag files from ANSI to UTF-8 no BOM, then UTF-8 with BOM, UTF-16 little endian, and finally UTF-16 big endian; but sadly it didn't make a difference. The Raildriver throttle, reverser and brakes are still inoperative.

#6 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin

Posted 28 January 2023 - 06:45 PM

View PostTraindude, on 28 January 2023 - 06:17 PM, said:

I don't use Conbuilder (don't wanna pay the fee) but I did try to use my text editor, ...

ConBuilder is downloadable for free at TrainSim.com (not the last payware version --- but a complete freeware version, that has all the bells and whistles )

Name: cb249.zip
Size: 12,939,922 Date: 05-13-2019 Downloads: 1,408

MSTS Utility--ConBuilder v2.4.9. This version of ConBuilder is uploaded with the knowledge and agreement of Joe Smith. As such there is ABSOLUTELY NO SUPPORT. Unpack zip file to tempy folder and follow the instructions in Install_ReadMe.rtf. Uploaded by G. Saunders.

#7 User is offline   Traindude 

• Engineer

Posted 29 January 2023 - 04:45 PM

View PostR H Steele, on 28 January 2023 - 06:45 PM, said:

ConBuilder is downloadable for free at TrainSim.com (not the last payware version --- but a complete freeware version, that has all the bells and whistles )

Thanks! I'll try it out.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users