#1 User is offline   timmuir 

• Member since Nov. 2003
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails Only

Posted 10 January 2023 - 01:58 PM

File Name: Pennsyvania RR Nd Cabin Car Early Version
File Submitter: timmuir
File Submitted: 10 Jan 2023
File Category: Standard gauge cabooses (Open rails only)

PENNSYLVANIA RR FOUR-WHEEL CABIN CAR with "Smoking Stove"
CLASS Nd
Built in Train Sim Modeler Pro
Artwork done in Paint Shop Pro 7.2
Many textures, especially those for weathering and effects are from Textures.com.

The Nd cabin cars were built in the PRR shops at Altoona, Pennsylvania, this one in 1904. They had steel underframes with a steel foundation frame for the cupola. The timber sides were tied together with iron "carlines" on both the carbody and cupola, forming support for the roofs. Roofs were ship-lapped boards covered with canvas and painted.

Full interior with a view (5-key) from the "crows' nest", but lacking details and effects. Maybe later I'll return at a later date to add these things.

Key Q opens two of the windows "downstairs". Shift-Q opens two of the cupola windows.

LEGAL SHMEGAL:
As author of this design, I advise that it is copyrighted, but royalty free. You may use it and edit it as you wish, but you may not distribute it for money, or include it in a paid distribution without permission from Tim Muir, who can be reached via personal message at Elvas Tower http://www.elvastower.com/forums/. You must include my name in your credits, as well as my copyright notices, and this entire Readme.txt, if you repaint it, use or derive files from it, or otherwise use or distribute these files.
Because this program is royalty free, it is provided WHERE IS, AS IS, WITH ALL FAULTS, and WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE or any other warranties. There is no liability by the authors in your use of this program, instead all liability is assumed by the user.

Thank you.

TWM
1-10-23

Click here to download this file

#2 User is offline   timmuir 

• Member since Nov. 2003
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails Only

Posted 10 January 2023 - 02:08 PM

This archive is large because it contains an undecorated .bmp of the main ace which has all the lettering. Also, there are two pages from the June, 1904 issue of American Engineer magazine, ( full issue available at the Internet Archives) an article describing the then new PRR Nd cabin cars.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users