• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Static Timetable Errors Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Captain Tom 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:MSTS ORTS

Posted 09 December 2022 - 03:09 PM

I keep receiving the following error messages in the Log when running a Static Timetable in combination with a regular Timetable "Invalid station stop command for train S99"

I get one of these messages in the Log for every entry in the Static Timetable. Paths are correctly set up, cars fit within each Path, and all Statics appear where they should when running. Have not seen anything in the OR Manual on this. What am I doing wrong?

Any help will be much apprecaiated!

Thanks,

Captain Tom

#2 User is offline   Captain Tom 

• Apprentice

Posted 10 December 2022 - 10:18 PM

View PostWeter, on 09 December 2022 - 03:26 PM, said:

Hello.
May we see a screenshot of your table, please?

I don't have email on my Open Rails system (It's totally isolated from the rest of the world.) When I moved a screenshot, using .ppt showing you the timetable from the Open Rails system to this system which is connected to the internet, I was told that "You are not permitted to upload this kind of file." (?) Happy to attach a notepad (text) of the Static file and you can load that into your TT Builder to view it... or just attach the or_timetable - if you allow that.

The thought just hit me, do I need to have a start and dispose time for each static, i.e., start at 00:01 and dispose at 23:59?

Thanks for your help!

Captain Tom

#3 User is offline   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 10 December 2022 - 10:47 PM

Hello.
Yes, You can save screenshot as *.jpg-file and move it to internet-connected machine.
Only *.jpg pictures are allowed to be attached to posts here, or images from other sites, using [img] bb-code. (button with a tree at the top of post editor will embed your link with said code)
Otherwise, you may place needed files to *.zip-archives, which are allowed as attachments too.
BTW, *.txt- and *.eng-files are allowed (for future)
Start time isn't necessary (because, all $static trains are spawned at 0:00 by default), while #dispose data is always optional.
You do need to specify #path and #consist.
The key feature of static trains in timetable is names $static at the top row. There shan't be "S99", if it must be static. (I think, that's why it demands a station stop command)
So, You can move actual train's name (S99) one row down - into #comment row for your reference, what this train is.

Image is preferable for me, as I seldom visit ET forums, using PC. Tab can't read _timetable_or, or *.ppt-files.

#4 User is offline   Aldarion 

• Engineer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Owner
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 11 December 2022 - 04:01 AM

Let's do it the other way around.

Here's an example of my static timetable file:
https://i.ibb.co/nfY9GCC/Image1.jpg

#5 User is offline   Captain Tom 

• Apprentice

Posted 11 December 2022 - 11:06 PM

Thanks so much! Seeing an example of what a correct static timetable looks like gives me what I need to correct my problem. (A picture is worth a 1,000 words.) Now it all makes sense, I had the names of Yards, and sidings in the first column. They are not in the list of stations so of course OR could not find them and gave me the errors in the Log.

I feel foolish to not have figured that out on my own, but now I know what is needed to upload .jpg files to this site.

Again thanks to both of you for your help!

Captain Tom

#6 User is offline   Aldarion 

• Engineer
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 December 2022 - 12:22 AM

anytime mate!

#7 User is offline   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 12 December 2022 - 08:02 AM

Ah, that...
Yes, Manual tells: "names of locations must exactly match names in *.tdb of the route, otherwise the program will be unable to locate them."
That's why Your error messages tell about invalid stop locations.
As You might note, before creating new timetable, editor tries to compose stations list for You, scanning route's track data base for all available station names, then - allows You to arrange them, as You like, then offers to save the list for future usage.
That's why I copy existent timetable (using SaveAs button), for making another one (e.g. Static), then i can delete unnecessary columns/add some new (what I do for defining new trains), and strings, but I don't do that.

Yes, I can repeat: you're welcome. And thank You too for kind words of gratitude.

#8 User is offline   Captain Tom 

• Apprentice

Posted 12 December 2022 - 12:04 PM

I followed the advice given to the letter and still have the same error messages. I"m attaching a *.jpg of both the error messages and a portion of the static timetable. My timetable now looks exactly like the example given.

Again, thanks for all your help!!

Captain Tom

Attached File  Static Timetable.jpg (121.15K)
Number of downloads: 11
Attached File  Error Log.jpg (125.42K)
Number of downloads: 14

#9 User is offline   Aldarion 

• Engineer
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 December 2022 - 12:18 PM

Hum... I am not able to cross reference the trains in the error list with the trains on the timetable.

But let's go step by step. first thing I would do is change the path's name. Try to eliminate all spaces between words and fill them with _ ou - ( I've seen somehere in this forum that - is preferable).
And do the same with consists.

#10 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 12 December 2022 - 01:05 PM

The problem is the 1, 2, 3 etc. etc. in the #note field. The #note field is not just a field to set a note, but can be used to set a command for the train which has to be applied right at the start, so before the train reaches any station. The commands which can be used for the #note field are the same as those for a station stop, hence the error 'invalid station stop command', and the error shown is the value as set in the #note field.
Replace #note by #comment and all will be well.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users