• You cannot reply to this topic

Debug screens not working + crash log Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   lucstef 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:OR-MSTS

Posted 22 October 2022 - 05:17 PM

Good day everyone.

First of all, a big thank you to every developer involved with the project, I restarted trainsimming after some absence and...woah what an improvement!
Still having to find smart workarounds to complete pure MSTS activities, oh well.....

On to the first topic.
I have two machines, a laptop and a desktop, both fairly powerful, lastest Intel Gen11/12 plus Nvidia 30xx cards.
- On the laptop (win11) I can use alt+F5 without any glitch, the screens appear and all that
- on the desktop (Win10) my attempts in using the same screens go to the void, nothing appears, either in OR stable 1.4 and ORNYMG ver132

On the desktop I HAD to install that piece of junk that is Nvidia Xperience (don't ask, something to the tune of "I don't give you the ball if you don't take this POS with it..."); I know it messes up with OR because alt+F3 shows the Xperience streaming controls, but I don't recall any other command set to alt+F5, has anyone a clue?

And yes, I'm wondering to clean up the driver install and get rid of Xperience but it's not easy, even the cleanup utility from Nvidia itself leaves some junk back...

Second topic.
I had a crash when trying to clear a reverse point (not to mention I was unable to make any reverse point work, or it's me who doesn't still understand how OR works with them).
All I can say is, there was that reverse point showing, but needing to do some shunting in a tight yard I set manual switching before clearing it, completing the operations after a wye trip to turn the loco around.
After returning to the correct path the direction was reversed, so I backed up but the point wasn't showing anymore, the track monitor said I was in a loop and then went off path; I pressed shift+backspace to clean the emergency and here's the crash.

I'm attaching the log, if someone wants to have a look....thanks!

Luca

Attached File  OpenRailsLog.txt (27.09K)
Number of downloads: 87

#2 User is offline   lucstef 

• Apprentice

Posted 23 October 2022 - 12:23 AM

Answering my first question: it WAS Nvidia Geforce Experience!!!
I can understand the automatic updates, game specific settings, everything is useful, BUT.....leave my keyboard inputs alone!

Luca

#3 User is offline   cjakeman 

• Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 23 October 2022 - 12:30 AM

View Postlucstef, on 22 October 2022 - 05:17 PM, said:

- on the desktop (Win10) my attempts in using the same screens go to the void, nothing appears, either in OR stable 1.4 and ORNYMG ver132

On the desktop I HAD to install that piece of junk that is Nvidia Xperience (don't ask, something to the tune of "I don't give you the ball if you don't take this POS with it..."); I know it messes up with OR because alt+F3 shows the Xperience streaming controls, but I don't recall any other command set to alt+F5, has anyone a clue?

Would it help to configure the configure the Debug screens so they are triggered by a different key combination that is not Alt+F5?

You can do that in the Menu > Options > Keyboard form. That's covered in section 6.5 of the Manual.

#4 User is offline   lucstef 

• Apprentice

Posted 23 October 2022 - 01:32 AM

hi Chris, thanks.

As I'm still using MSTS for some specific activities that OR can't handle I prefer not to touch some assignments, F5 being one of them, but yes I thought about that.
I mean I could do that, but I was bit hard by updates that had reset my heavily customized assignments in other games, so that's another reason I avoid touching default layouts usually.

This is more a rant about the things some software houses throw at us to fidelize (is that a word?) our lives and wallets.
I may add: to include stuff that 99,99999% of the players won't ever use (e.g. streaming captures) but appear to be strongly requested, usual "screaming minority against silent majority"...and I stop here before becoming a Scrooge :D

Edit: or was it Stooge???

Luca

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users