• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:OR MSTS

Posted 07 October 2022 - 09:19 AM

File Name: "Disconnected" Log Cars V1.2 Texture Fix
File Submitter: Frank Musick
File Submitted: 07 Oct 2022
File Updated: 07 Oct 2022
File Category: Standard Gauge Flatcars (Open Rails only)

Not actually flat cars, but there is no category for these critters.

"Disconnected" Log Cars Version 1.1 Wheel Gauge Fix
Frank Musick

WARNING: OpenRails ONLY!!! Pretty sure it won't work in MSTS.

OpenRails model of a "disconnected" log car. The cars were usually used in pairs, serving ore a trucks (bogies) for the load of logs. I've liked these little critters ever since I first saw them in photos of john Allen Gorre & Daphetid model railroad. I have a set of HO scale models and thought I should make them for
"V scale" as well.

Performance characteristics are generic. Not sure what the source was. I used the same file as a basis for all the freight equipment in this series. Sound files used are generic.

The model of the connected cars is high poly and may cause framerate issues. I haven't had any issues, as long as I remember to shut down all the other apps I use to create these things.

Installation Procedure:

Unzip Logging.7z into the OpenRails Trains\Trainset directory. The cars should appear as Log Car Disconnected and Log Car Connected in the editor equipment list. There are no names or numbers on the cars since they were never intercanged with common carriers.

This content may be redistributed for non-commercial purposes only. The assets (including all library, musical, cinematographic and artistic works found in the sound, music, video and data files) contained in this archive remain the property of the original authors.

I thinks that's about it.
Regards,
Frank Musick

Click here to download this file

Attached File(s)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users