• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BLW Website downloads... HOW? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   ightenhill 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 23 September 2022 - 03:36 PM

OK the instructions on this web site seem out of date because paypal does indeed process your payment but that return to mercgant button no longer exists - so how the heck do you get what you just paid for.. Its impossible to sign up to the forum as it wont accept any normal emails for some bizarre reasons.. Not sure the direct email route is going to help as he seems to say in the FAQ that he gets blocked

#2 User is offline   engmod 

• Open Rails Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORNYMG

Posted 23 September 2022 - 03:40 PM

If you don't send an email, you will never know.

I have not had a problem with BLW purchases.

#3 User is offline   ightenhill 

• Apprentice

Posted 23 September 2022 - 03:51 PM

Emails sent but bounced back - he says this happens on the website. Anyone know any email services that arent gmail, yahoo, mail, or anything popular as the forum has problems with all of them

#4 User is offline   Fleegle411 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS, RW, & OpR

Posted 23 September 2022 - 05:14 PM

It's been a while since I purchased something from BLW, but I recall that the idea behind the "Return to Merchant" button is that it would redirect you to a page on the BLW website from which you could download the file and be presented with the password to unlock the installer. I seem to recall the button on PayPal in question may have been "Return to store" or "Continue" or something like that, but as I said it's been some time.

While it may be a bit before you get a reply, failing all else you can send a PM through these forums to the user "rfranzosa" which is Rick Franzosa's account. I know when I had a similar issue with their forums a couple years ago I was able to reach him through here. His profile said he was last online 10 days ago, so he does still come by on occasion.

#5 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 23 September 2022 - 05:28 PM

You have to read and follow the very clear purchase and download instructions....after your purchase has been verified ( I use paypal ) by BLW_ZT you will always arrive at this page ( see image --- area in red is the password for what you have purchased. ) The download links are there. I have been buying from Gaetan for years and never, never, have I encountered a problem. If you are having a problem an email to them should resolve it.

Attached File(s)

#6 User is offline   ightenhill 

• Apprentice

Posted 23 September 2022 - 10:12 PM

View PostR H Steele, on 23 September 2022 - 05:28 PM, said:

You have to read and follow the very clear purchase and download instructions....after your purchase has been verified ( I use paypal ) by BLW_ZT you will always arrive at this page ( see image --- area in red is the password for what you have purchased. ) The download links are there. I have been buying from Gaetan for years and never, never, have I encountered a problem. If you are having a problem an email to them should resolve it.

THat dooesnt happen anymore because paypal no longer shows a return to merchant button or link on the page after purchase - it stopped doing that when the web page for paypal began operating like the app.

Its obviously happened a few times before as its pointed out on BLW VAlley pass website by a few other recent users but they have been able to PM through the website and hvae a link manually sent but I cant even get an account on the website as he doesnt seem to be acceptng any email adresses.. I do have an old one but its not accepting my details or sending a password out presumably because it was a gmail one..

Thanks Fleegle I'll try that

#7 User is offline   eric from trainsim 

• Waste Disposal Engineer
  • Group: Private - Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 24 September 2022 - 05:57 AM

Email Gaetan... I'll PM the address.

#8 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 24 September 2022 - 06:46 AM

View Postightenhill, on 23 September 2022 - 10:12 PM, said:

THat dooesnt happen anymore because paypal no longer shows a return to merchant button or link on the page after purchase - it stopped doing that when the web page for paypal began operating like the app.....

Apologies, I did not know that paypal had broken the system that BLW was using...what a PITA, emailing ( when you get a good address) will work, I'm sure. I'm also sure the folks at BLW are trying to sort this out.
Maybe Rick or someone will post here, when appropriate, to give an update.

#9 User is offline   eric from trainsim 

• Waste Disposal Engineer
  • Group: Private - Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 26 September 2022 - 01:27 PM

Okay, I just did a PayPal transaction for a different vendor via mobile, and at the end got the return to Merchant button.

#10 User is offline   ckawahara 

• Member since Nov. 2003
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS, OR

Posted 26 September 2022 - 02:40 PM

I too completed a purchase via Paypal and the return button was available, at the bottom of the screen. Took me right to the download page.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users