Elvas Tower: Add to a service a new start time in an OR Activity extension - Elvas Tower

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Add to a service a new start time in an OR Activity extension Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Smecty 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 18 September 2022 - 05:21 PM

Most of the OR-specific additions to Activity files are related to events of one sort or another - horns blow, location events occur, weather changes happen.

I'm interested in using this function for a more prosaic application: I want to change the start time of an AI train. I do not want to change that time in the MSTS Activity and Traffic files; I just want the new time to be put in an Activity extension file so that it will override the regular MSTS start time.

My guess is that this is not possible, as there does not seem to be an extension file override for Traffic files ... only Activity files. And unfortunately the start times are encoded in MSTS in both the Activity and Traffic files. Still, I'm wondering if anyone has found a way around this situation?
Thanks for your thoughts,
Dave

#2 User is offline   Amtrak115 

• Fireman
  • Simulator:open rails

Posted 18 September 2022 - 05:31 PM

View PostSmecty, on 18 September 2022 - 05:21 PM, said:

Most of the OR-specific additions to Activity files are related to events of one sort or another - horns blow, location events occur, weather changes happen.

I'm interested in using this function for a more prosaic application: I want to change the start time of an AI train. I do not want to change that time in the MSTS Activity and Traffic files; I just want the new time to be put in an Activity extension file so that it will override the regular MSTS start time.

My guess is that this is not possible, as there does not seem to be an extension file override for Traffic files ... only Activity files. And unfortunately the start times are encoded in MSTS in both the Activity and Traffic files. Still, I'm wondering if anyone has found a way around this situation?
Thanks for your thoughts,
Dave

what I've done is set a wait point on the AI path...and set the wait time to 99 minutes or so.... then Set a location event for the player train....when player train hits location event,it can adjust the wait time on the wait point from 0 to x seconds. I use this to control meets so Player train will see the train when and where I want it. Currently using on an activity on a freight train that is proceeding a passenger train. By setting the wait points I can sort of control the signals that the passenger train will see.

anyway...not sure if this is what your looking for...but I know it works

amtrak115

#3 User is offline   Smecty 

• Hostler

Posted 19 September 2022 - 06:06 AM

View PostAmtrak115, on 18 September 2022 - 05:31 PM, said:

what I've done is set a wait point on the AI path...and set the wait time to 99 minutes or so.... then Set a location event for the player train....when player train hits location event,it can adjust the wait time on the wait point from 0 to x seconds. I use this to control meets so Player train will see the train when and where I want it. Currently using on an activity on a freight train that is proceeding a passenger train. By setting the wait points I can sort of control the signals that the passenger train will see.

anyway...not sure if this is what your looking for...but I know it works

amtrak115

Hi Amtrak115,
Thank you for the reply! You are right, it's not what I was looking for, but it is a very neat solution to having the player train see the AI train when and where you want it to. I've used it myself especially when I want to see a train cross a bridge going over my tracks at roughly 90 degrees. Without the wait point I invariably either precede the AI train or it's long gone by the time I get there!
Cheers,
Dave

#4 User is offline   Amtrak115 

• Fireman
  • Simulator:open rails

Posted 19 September 2022 - 10:03 AM

After re-reading your original post, I realize that the waiting point solution is not what your after. I guess I don't understand what your trying to achieve...one other thing, and you probably know this...." there does not seem to be an extension file override for Traffic files " Traffic files aren't used in the simulation at all, only the traffic data that is in the activity file is used. you can make all the changes you want to an traffic file, and if your using TSRE, it wont affect the activity Traffic data until you reload the traffic data bact into the Activity file...(Delete traffic from activity, then reload traffic to activity) I'll be watching this thread to see if you get a resolution to your issue or a work-around.

later

Amtrak115

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users