• You cannot reply to this topic

[Feature Card Request] Passengers at stations Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   FS.E652 091 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 27 August 2022 - 02:13 PM

Hi Folks..!
I am no longer subscribed to Trello, I am more daring a voice in question on this forum, in order to be able to participate even at my convenience.

In your opinion, is it feasible to be able to implement dynamic passengers in stations based on statistical data in future versions (enter via the editor)? I rely on a similar situation that is already present on Railworks and that graphically also promises a lot ..

On Open Rails, in order to increase realism, a sort of flow could be simulated based on the stations and statistical data entered as a percentage, this would create a flow of people who can get on or off the convoy, and then on the end debrief. simulation, the various data would appear expressed in percentages, relating to Stress, travel comfort, percentages of people on board and off, etc.

it is an idea that has come to me for some time, and I want to propose it, maybe it could get feedback!

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: 50901-51ab782c8e5cc1126ff928beedd259f1.jpg

#2 User is offline   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin

Posted 27 August 2022 - 06:10 PM

Hi, Baldo.
Indeed, that would look much better, than empty, platforms, or populated with dummies, or having dummies, just moving along "people spawner" tracks.

I recall polish V-bus simulator: people couldn't walk, but have teleported from bus stop area into cabin and back, depending on bus stop settings, but it was more real-like, than "transporting an air", as we use to do with ORTS now!

Seeing them through mirrors, or after turning a view backwards, I've felt myself not alone in game environment.

#3 User is offline   griggs 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:Train Simulator Classic

Posted 27 August 2022 - 06:50 PM

Dynamic passengers sounds like a great idea. It would look very nice with coaches that have freight animations, you'd be able to see the coaches actually fill up at the station! I could imagine them being used in timetable mode with some variables to determine how many passenger models appear on the platform at certain times of day which would breathe a lot of life into routes. Also, much like v-bus simulator, having passengers teleport from the station platforms to coaches sounds like an acceptable way to handle passenger boarding, I believe another simulator already does this.

I'd imagine that most route builders would like to have "period accurate" passenger models at the stations, so in conjunction with the "passenger spawner" tracks, maybe a list of acceptable passenger shape files could be pulled from a table located in a table in the route directory and spawned along the spawner tracks. That way each route can have passengers fit for the time period and location instead of having the same passenger models for every route.

#4 User is offline   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin

Posted 27 August 2022 - 10:03 PM

That's so, and I thought about route- and era-specific (as for cars, however) human figures too. But... Graphic demands!
On my previous laptop, two new-built routes have freezing in areas, where massive road traffic took place: because of just cars, which count would be much less, than people on terminus stations, or on commuter platforms during rush-hours.

By the way, another tram simulator has a progress bar, enclosed into frame, indicating filling of the vehicle, and at the same time, it incrementally have changed its color from green to red (don't remember, what did it mean)

Yes, RailWorks could show that more, than ten years ago.

#5 User is offline   darwins 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 27 August 2022 - 11:12 PM

I would like to see better passengers on platforms. Would we aim to change the passenger design for different parts of the world, different weather or times of year or different eras in which the route was set?

To make the idea even more complicated...

How about train physics varies with number of passengers?

We do it know with goods wagons, we can set a different mass, different Davis friction parameters and even variable braking for loaded and unloaded goods wagons.

Could the mass and characteristics of a train change as passengers got on and off?

Would it be worth the extra computer power for the calculation?

The biggest difficulty would be timetables, we want commuters travelling from the suburbs to the city in the morning and in the reverse direction in the evening.

Now going to hide.

http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/sweatingbullets.gifhttp://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/girl_devil.gif

#6 User is offline   FS.E652 091 

• Conductor

Posted 28 August 2022 - 04:05 PM

I agree with what you have expressed, I believe this function is essential to date (absolutely very different from simple animated characters and used in the form of Carspawner).
In relation to physics, I agree with what the user Darwins said, in terms of simulation the physics of a train is also characterized by the load it carries, so it would make the simulation even more dynamic and interesting ..
I hope that the developers take note of what we have expressed, also in correlation with the new Shape format in progress for Open Rails ..!
As for the Flow, it would be enough to create variables based on the scenario reproduced ..

Where I come from, obviously, the greatest flow is concentrated during the early hours of dawn, and during peak hours in the morning, afternoon and evening, so these values ​​are to be attributed in the respective files to be included in the route folder. .!

Just to be exact, even management simulators like Transport Fever use functional passengers, they disappear \ appear when they get off or on the train.

#7 User is offline   Jonatan 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS and Vehicle Simulator

Posted 05 September 2022 - 03:22 AM

Yes, passengers would be great! If there were a set of "default" sitting and standing people and specify where and how many sit in a car with an include file or something? And also these "default" people standing/walking in a specified area that you mark as big as a platform. Or maybe they'd comform to the physical space of a new dedicated platform element?

Maybe something simpler like how cargo is loaded? Passenger models vanish from the platform and show up on the train?

#8 User is offline   FS.E652 091 

• Conductor

Posted 07 September 2022 - 01:07 PM

Technically I think it is impossible for the simulator to use artificial intelligence to determine the length and width of a sidewalk.
However, I am convinced that, if it has been done with Containers, it can also be done with passengers, it would be enough to create a sort of "Passenger Spawner" which determines the length, width of the radius and various percentages based on the various times of the day, all this depends on a technical file (Example PassengerSpawner.dat) which will contain various types of 3D and various information.
Unfortunately I do not have sufficient computer experience to be able to put my hand to the scripts .. but I hope someone will take note

#9 User is offline   jaytrain2 

• Hostler
  • Simulator:Trainz, TS, OR

Posted 31 December 2022 - 10:01 AM

That would be nice, seeing as it's one of the things MSTS 2 promised...

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users