#1 User is offline   Frank Musick 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:OR MSTS

Posted 27 August 2022 - 02:10 PM

File Name: DL&W 4 Wheel Caboose
File Submitter: Frank Musick
File Submitted: 27 Aug 2022
File Category: Standard gauge cabooses (Open rails only)

DL&W 4 Wheel Caboose Version 1.0 August 27th, 2022
Frank Musick

WARNING: OpenRails ONLY!!! Pretty sure it won't work in MSTS.

OpenRails model of what may have been an early 4 wheel caboose. While most early "cabeese" were converted boxcars, I have assumed this one was was built on the frame of a "jimmie", the small 4 wheel hopper used by the anthracite (and other) roads.

Physics is a guess pulled from some file from another car years ago for my very first attempt at modeling a coal jim (or anything else). The performance parameters are beyond my skillset and probably need revision.

There is an interior view. I went a tad upscale and used new varnished wood furniture, a coal stove and a rather handsome young man as a conductor. I found a black and white image an faintly colorized it. When you press the 5 key you'll be looking ou the front door. I find it interestinn to watch the train rocking back and forth and left it that way. To see the rest of the the caboose interior simply rotate the camera with arrow keys.

The model is high poly and may cause framerate issues. I haven't had any issues, as long as I remember to shut down all the other apps I use to create these things. If there is an issue the model has 3 levels of detail. I suppose one could use some utility to eliminate the first LOD and use the second. It has no rivets, but may also be missing parts you might rather appear in the sim.

Installation Procedure:

Unzip DL&WCaboose into the OpenRails Trains\Trainset directory. It can then be added to any consist with any consist editor. I use the TRES editor.

This content may be redistributed for non-commercial purposes only. The assets (including all library, musical, cinematographic and artistic works found in the sound, music, video and data files) contained in this archive remain the property of the original authors.

I thinks that's about it.
Regards,
Frank Musick

Click here to download this file

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users