• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:OR MSTS

Posted 08 August 2022 - 07:06 PM

File Name: DL&W camel LEHIGH GLITCH FIX
File Submitter: Frank Musick
File Submitted: 08 Aug 2022
File Updated: 31 Aug 2022
File Category: Steam Locomotives, 19th century (Open Rails only)

To start off, I want to apologize for the last few DL&W uploads. I did not test things well and as I was running the trains I found scads of issues. I think I have resolved them (most of them anyway)

I'm re-uploading the entire set, LEHIGH, CARBON, jimmies and caboose. There are some consist files included for empty and loaded trains. I tried to make it all one file but it was much too large.

I did notice one thing...The bell on CARBON doesn't stop moving. No sound because it's the second engine. just motion.
I apologize again for such a horrendous oversight

tLEHIGH Version 1.4 August 31st, 2022
Frank Musick
Changes to models vertical position to compensate for rail height, crew appearance

WARNING: OpenRails ONLY!!! Pretty sure it won't work in MSTS.

OpenRails model of what may have been a "non-Winans" 0-6-0 camel type built by Zerah Colburn for the Delaware, Lackawanna & Western in the mid 19th century. Except for the general shape, which is generally based on a drawing found on the Internet, it's all guess work. There was no info available (that I know of) for color, controls and a whole host of other things.

Physics was originally created for Jon Davis built Rogers 1855 4-4-0 by Bill Hobbs March 12th 2007 and minor adjustments were made by Tim Muir on May 9th 2019. I borrowed them from Tim in May of 2022 and added some effects and lights to coincide with the Winans camel series of models. The performance parameters are beyond my skillset and probably need revision.

The model is high poly (especially the crew) and may cause framerate issues. The crew can be edited or commented out of the engine file if needed...Either delete or comment them the following lines....

ORTSFreightAnims (
MSTSFreightAnimEnabled (1)
FreightAnimStatic (
SubType(Default)
Shape( LEHIGHCrew.s )
Offset( 0 0 0 )
FreightWeight( 0t )
Visibility ( "Outside" )
)

)

The loco has an animated bell, and it works well. The bell sound, however, keeps going a couple of rings after the bell stops swinging. Not sure how to fix that at this point.

Installation Procedure:

Unzip DL&WCamelLehigh into the OpenRails Trains\Trainset directory.
Move DL&W_Lehigh.con into OpenRails Trains\Consist directory.

This content may be redistributed for non-commercial purposes only. The assets (including all library, musical, cinematographic and artistic works found in the sound, music, video and data files) contained in this archive remain the property of the original authors.

I thinks that's about it.
Regards,
Frank Musick

Click here to download this file

#2 User is offline   timmuir 

• Member since Nov. 2003
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails Only

Posted 09 August 2022 - 09:32 AM

Fun! What a marvelous piece of history, Frank, thanks for creating it.

I found two major items and the tender has a missing texture (FreightColors.ace).

The engine and tender are around 0.2' above the rails and there's a missing polygon on the tender's right side coal boards.

Attached File  Open Rails 2022-08-09 09-24-42.jpg (2.59MB)
Number of downloads: 20

Sure looks cool!

Attached File  Open Rails 2022-08-09 09-27-23.jpg (2.64MB)
Number of downloads: 15

The lady firecat in 1855 is a bit of a lark, isn't she? ;) The engineer's pose looks right on!

#3 User is offline   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 09 August 2022 - 11:15 AM

Too clear T-short for firecat, isn't it?
Most likely, just posing, while enjoying the life?

#4 User is offline   Frank Musick 

• Conductor

Posted 13 August 2022 - 08:18 AM

timmuir, on 09 August 2022 - 09:32 AM, said:

Fun! What a marvelous piece of history, Frank, thanks for creating it.

I found two major items and the tender has a missing texture (FreightColors.ace).

The engine and tender are around 0.2' above the rails and there's a missing polygon on the tender's right side coal boards.

Open Rails 2022-08-09 09-24-42.jpg

Sure looks cool!

Open Rails 2022-08-09 09-27-23.jpg

As always, you're screenshots make it look good.
The lady firecat in 1855 is a bit of a lark, isn't she? ;) The engineer's pose looks right on!

Missing texture is a reversed poly I think.

Have to double check the rail height. I'm using a 40 pound rail to set the height. shouldn't be that high.

I would say I'm being progressive, but the firecat is supposed to be male. I'll check. If your talking tee shirt guy, he's supposed to be a brakeman.

Thanks for calling those out.

#5 User is offline   Frank Musick 

• Conductor

Posted 13 August 2022 - 08:49 AM

The rail is supposed to be 40 pound, which should be 3.5 inches tall. The model rail is off, a hair over 3" high. Checked the origin and it looks ok.

Attached File  40PoundRail.jpg (27.56K)
Number of downloads: 1

Attached File  LEHIGH.jpg (55.58K)
Number of downloads: 2

Attached File  LEHIGHTender.jpg (37.5K)

Not sure why it would sit that high....Hey, wait a minute....0.2 inches. That's only a fifth of an inch!

Texture added

Updating and uploading Version 1.1

#6 User is offline   timmuir 

• Member since Nov. 2003
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails Only

Posted 14 August 2022 - 09:17 AM

Unfortunately, we are stuck with non-standard rail in this sim. MSTS rail is atrocious, Scale Rail is closer, but too modern. My reference track in TSM is set to .178 ft above the origin. This is the gauge I use for every wheel.
I've recently gone to using a shadow shape as my wheel height gauge and also serves as the MAIN part, a long single sided pair of polys in AlphaNorm+ with a shadow texture, set at the same height above the origin.

That is the white shape you can see between the flanges in this image.

Attached File  Image1.jpg (426.36K)

Look closer at the brake "person", Frank, he's a she! ;)

#7 User is offline   Frank Musick 

• Conductor

Posted 15 August 2022 - 03:10 PM

timmuir, on 14 August 2022 - 09:17 AM, said:

Unfortunately, we are stuck with non-standard rail in this sim. MSTS rail is atrocious, Scale Rail is closer, but too modern. My reference track in TSM is set to .2 ft above the origin. This is the gauge I use for every wheel.
I've recently gone to using a shadow shape as my wheel height gauge and also serves as the MAIN part, a long single sided pair of polys in AlphaNorm+ with a shadow texture, set at the same height above the origin.

That is the white shape you can see between the flanges in this image.

Image1.jpg

Look closer at the brake "person", Frank, he's a she! ;)

Far be it from me to question anyone's sexual identity or their preferred pronoun. Be that as it may, I have revised "Charlie". Makehuman has all sorts of settings for chest size, perkiness, pointiness, horizontal spacing and any other attributes that could be applied to a pair of breasts. I have thoroughly reviewed them and created a more gender neutral, if not androgynous character. I also deleted his/they/whatever hair.

While I was at it, I repositioned the locomotive, tender and crews to the suggested height with rail, above rail, below rails or whatever....0.178 feet, 2.134 inches or 0.0542544, depending on your mathematical preference. LEHIGH Version 1.2 is being uploaded as I type.

http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/discuss_gathering.gifhttp://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/discuss_gathering.gifhttp://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/discuss_gathering.gif

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users