Elvas Tower: TSRE5 saving a route messes important files (tdb, rdb) - Elvas Tower

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

TSRE5 saving a route messes important files (tdb, rdb) Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   zugzwang 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: New Hire
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 21 July 2022 - 03:17 AM

Hello!

I'm using TSRE5_v0.7.012 to edit a route (add some objects, modify speed limits).
No matter what changes I'm doing, it seems like the editor messes up some important route files (.tdb, .rdb) so the TSRE5 editor can no longer open the route (after pressing the load button, the program closes 10 seconds later.

In ORTS there is no problem, the route runs perfectly, the changes of the route that I made with TSRE5 work fine, the only problem is that I can no longer edit/open the route with TSRE5. If I replace the backup (prior to saving the route with TSRE5) .tdb, the route can be opened again with TSRE5.

I've tried to just open the route, do no changes and just save it with TSRE5 and I encounter the same errors.

I've tried to run the editor with these settings:
autoFix = true
loadAllWFiles = true
and when I'm doing this, the route opens, but without all of the speed signs, warnings, signals, crossing levels, sidings, platforms... (they do appear in the ORTS (both activities and explore route mode) though). In the "Errors & Messages" tab there are thousands of errors like these:

"Source: RoadDB;
Item not referenced in W files. Id: 8258. Type: levelcritem;
Interactive Item was not found in World Tile database.
Enable 'TrackDB Items' View. Jump to it's location and check if it should be removed, or if World File is broken.
AutoFix: Item removed by TSRE.

Source: World; Object 'platform' - reference to trackItem not found. UiD: 973. ;
World Object requires Interactive Item that does not exist in Track DB.
AutoFix: Object removed by TSRE.

Source: World; Object 'signal' - reference to trackItem not found. UiD: 1197. ;
World Object requires Interactive Item that does not exist in Track DB.
AutoFix: Object removed by TSRE."

Can you help me with solving this problem? I want to make the editor to save the route without messing up these files.

#2 User is offline   xavivilla 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails - RailWorks

Posted 21 July 2022 - 03:47 AM

I don't know what could be the cause of those errors you describe.
I have tried TSRE5_v0.7.012 on a route, incorporated static objects, some sections of track and some signs in them, saved and reopened without problems.
You can remove that installation of TSRE5_v0.7.012, download the file again, and generate a new installation. Let's see if that solves the problem.

#3 User is offline   steved 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:ORMG

Posted 21 July 2022 - 04:46 AM

Where do you have your trains/routes installed?
Having them in the programs folder, or any Windows controlled folder, can cause these kinds of issues.

Randy

#4 User is offline   zugzwang 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: New Hire
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 21 July 2022 - 08:30 AM

It seems like there is just a specific route that is problematic. I tried to edit and save another route and it worked without problems.

Both game and TSRE5 are installed in D:\ disk, not C:\. I've also reinstalled the TSRE5.

Here is the log of editor when it fails to open the route, after editing and saving it Attached File  log.txt (3.12MB)
Number of downloads: 10

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users