• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Yet another video! Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Frank Musick 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:OR MSTS

Posted 05 July 2022 - 01:21 PM

Sorry guys, it's Microsoft's fault. They never should have included the XBox thingie in Windows 10.

Anyway, this is a video of a long furnace Winans camel, one of the Baltimore and Ohio 199's (there were two of 'em). One was absconded by the Confederate army. The locomotive portrayed here was the replacement.
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/32/b5/78/32b578e7b595054d252d51b901063bfd.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/bd/a6/f9/bda6f9708750c7e34c7f933685dc888a.jpg

#2 User is offline   timmuir 

• Member since Nov. 2003
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails Only

Posted 06 July 2022 - 08:11 AM

Looks like a fire-spoutin' dragon to me, Frank. I like the green wheel centers, which offset the rest of the engine colors nicely. Did you notice the lack of boiler lagging in the photo? That seems to have been a "feature" of all the Camels. Another one of Ross Winan's peculiar sense of priorities.

#3 User is offline   Frank Musick 

• Conductor

Posted 06 July 2022 - 08:32 AM

View Posttimmuir, on 06 July 2022 - 08:11 AM, said:

Looks like a fire-spoutin' dragon to me, Frank. I like the green wheel centers, which offset the rest of the engine colors nicely. Did you notice the lack of boiler lagging in the photo? That seems to have been a "feature" of all the Camels. Another one of Ross Winan's peculiar sense of priorities.

Naked boilers seems to be a Winans tradermark. Why waste money (profit) on a non essential (to Winans at least). Besides, it would interfere with the central heating on those bitter cold days.

Made another video, Figured out why the videos stutter. When I make the videos I usually have all the other programs running, using all the memory. Shut down the other stuff and VOILA!

This is the updated CARBON on her dry run. I modified the crew so they appear to be taking a break and talking.
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/57/67/f9/5767f997fa1f07406b88dfa89ba5b2a2.jpg

I love the way the train sways as it's moving, great effect. Thank you Open Rails guys!

#4 User is offline   timmuir 

• Member since Nov. 2003
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails Only

Posted 06 July 2022 - 08:44 AM

Yeah, he wasn't much for appearances of his contraptions. He left the machine work crudely cast without filing and finishing and parts sometimes didn't match up. But, they were the first successful coal burning steam locos in America, so they have a rightful place in history.

By the way, your video is much easier to look at now! :thumbup3: What's your video program?

#5 User is offline   Frank Musick 

• Conductor

Posted 06 July 2022 - 11:10 AM

It's the XBox thingie that comes with Windows 10. You just press the Windows key and G and it "films" whatever you click on.

I made another video...Do you remember the one I made with multiple engines hauling a coal drag? I made one like it. $0 odd pot hoppers and 4 B&O locomotives. I had to lower the aliasing, kill the shadows and reduce scenery objects, but it runs pretty smooth.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c3/70/71/c3707140214f8e9261a7391f80752170.jpg

The video seems not as smooth as the simulator though, Is it the HD? Think I'll try a different capture program.

#6 User is offline   Frank Musick 

• Conductor

Posted 06 July 2022 - 02:32 PM

View Posttimmuir, on 06 July 2022 - 08:44 AM, said:

Yeah, he wasn't much for appearances of his contraptions. He left the machine work crudely cast without filing and finishing and parts sometimes didn't match up. But, they were the first successful coal burning steam locos in America, so they have a rightful place in history.

By the way, your video is much easier to look at now! :thumbup3: What's your video program?

Turns out that just about everybody who has used XBox thingie hates it. They are all getting junk videos. Tried several others and found this FreeCam. It is free capture and edit software and written especially for gamers who want to record their sessions. I don't need a physics degree to use it. I'm playing the video as I type and it looks like it should. Uploaded it to YouTube...

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c3/70/71/c3707140214f8e9261a7391f80752170.jpg

It's not jerky but it sure ain't HD. Have to see if I can change that.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users