• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Alt+F9 Oddity Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   charland 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS/OR

Posted 25 May 2022 - 06:32 AM

I have a passenger train that arrives at Porquis Junction from the south. It drops five cars for another passenger train to take north, then heads west to Timmins.

I stop the player train at the station, go into Manual Mode, drop the five cars in the passing siding, then return to my train. In real life while the player train is waiting to depart, the second train has plenty of time to back into the passing siding and on to it's train.

IF... I go back into Automatic Mode, as soon as I choose the second train in Alt+F9, my player train takes off at 100% throttle.

IF... I do not go back into Automatic Mode, I can use Alt+F9 to operate the second train and back into the passing siding. Once that's finished I use Alt+F9 to select my player train (and find the brakes I had set no longer exist and I'm rolling backwards). I then go back into Automatic Mode and when looking at the F10 "Next Station" I no longer see the distance between me and the next station and when I do go to the next station, there is no arrival or departure times shown. Having the distance from the next stop also helps you judge when you need to get on the brakes to make the stop.

The work around is just not to use Alt+F9 and ignore the extra second train switching movement, but this is a bug.

Paul :-)

#2 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 29 May 2022 - 01:31 PM

About the brakes when using the Train List window to switch to and from various trains, encountered the same problem when switching back -- they always are released, --- if you set them, they should stay set, I would think. Bothersome to me.

#3 User is offline   charland 

• Vice President

Posted 29 May 2022 - 01:59 PM

Hi Gerry,

No, even though I set the brakes (the station is on a grade), as soon as I switched to a static consist that consist would start rolling down the hill and you had to jump on the brakes. Same when you switched back to the player train. Just something you have to keep in mind I guess.

#4 User is offline   engmod 

• Open Rails Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORNYMG

Posted 29 May 2022 - 02:01 PM

Hi Paul,

When I get the activity, if I get the same problem, I will report a bug.

I use Carlo's ORMG as of today 1.4-502 v124

#5 User is offline   charland 

• Vice President

Posted 29 May 2022 - 04:01 PM

Hi Derek,
I tried uploading the route this evening to Tainsim and it kept giving me a 403 error, saying the file was too big. It's only 159 MB zipped, the DARv3 route was 312 and i had no trouble. I sent an email to Nels but probably will not hear anything until tomorrow.

I rewrote a couple of activities after things failed. The one with the brakes failing when you use Alt+F9 is ONR_TR_150-151, it's about 15 minutes into the activity when you have to switch to the AI train.

I'm going to see if I can upload the route here, I haven't had any luck with the DAR but it was a larger file.

No, just tried five times and still getting the same junk I was getting years ago, go through all the steps, hit add file, wait while you think it's uploading, then hit submit and get an error saying you haven't chosen a file to upload.

Paul

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users