• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Crash with certain consist Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   trainmanaustin 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Switchman
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 20 February 2022 - 10:43 AM

Hello, I downloaded a set of the 25th anniversary ES44AC's off the Train-sim library. When I attempt to run any consist I make with one of these locomotives, OR crashes and I get this error message. I also included a log file from when it crashes and I am running ORMG-118.

Attached File(s)

#2 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin

Posted 20 February 2022 - 01:19 PM

Just saw the thread, by chance happened to have "BNSF_ES44AC_5828_25th" as lead in an intermodel consist, tried it on the Scenic Sub...no problems. I was also using MG Ver118.
Couple of suggestions...would need more info to say anything further---
Have you re-checked your work to make sure everything was done correctly when you downloaded the file and did the shape work required?
Are you using the OR Diesel Engine definition..or some engine configuration other than the msts default?

#3 User is offline   trainmanaustin 

• Apprentice

Posted 26 February 2022 - 04:34 PM

View PostR H Steele, on 20 February 2022 - 01:19 PM, said:

Just saw the thread, by chance happened to have "BNSF_ES44AC_5828_25th" as lead in an intermodel consist, tried it on the Scenic Sub...no problems. I was also using MG Ver118.
Couple of suggestions...would need more info to say anything further---
Have you re-checked your work to make sure everything was done correctly when you downloaded the file and did the shape work required?
Are you using the OR Diesel Engine definition..or some engine configuration other than the msts default?

To my knowledge, I have installed it correctly, But I will verify that I have not missed any steps.

#4 User is offline   trainmanaustin 

• Apprentice

Posted 26 February 2022 - 04:45 PM

I read over the instructions that came with the locomotives and reinstalled them and I am still getting an error message.

Attached File(s)

#5 User is offline   R H Steele 

Posted 26 February 2022 - 05:22 PM

Probably need an answer to this: Are you using the OR Diesel Engine definition..or some engine configuration other than the msts default? The log makes references to the part of the code that deals with Diesel Engines...that's why I asked.

How to do have them configured, are you using include files? Need more information about the engine file you are using in the sim...attach a copy.

#6 User is offline   trainmanaustin 

• Apprentice

Posted 26 February 2022 - 05:30 PM

View PostR H Steele, on 26 February 2022 - 05:22 PM, said:

Probably need an answer to this: Are you using the OR Diesel Engine definition..or some engine configuration other than the msts default? The log makes references to the part of the code that deals with Diesel Engines...that's why I asked.

How to do have them configured, are you using include files? Need more information about the engine file you are using in the sim...attach a copy.

I am using the ENG file that came with the locomotives. Also noticed that they came with the Open Rails folder with an ENG file for utilizing INC files. I have attached both files.

Attached File(s)

#7 User is offline   R H Steele 

Posted 26 February 2022 - 06:41 PM

You don't need the OpenRails folder...rename it to something like -- NO_OpenRails. This engine is already setup for OR, so you have a conflict. Try that first.

#8 User is offline   trainmanaustin 

• Apprentice

Posted 26 February 2022 - 08:52 PM

View PostR H Steele, on 26 February 2022 - 06:41 PM, said:

You don't need the OpenRails folder...rename it to something like -- NO_OpenRails. This engine is already setup for OR, so you have a conflict. Try that first.

That did the trick. I renamed the OpenRails folder and tried the consist again and it loaded with no issues. I guess I will delete the OpenRails folders in each engine folder. Thank you for your help with my issue.

#9 User is offline   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Alföld

Posted 26 February 2022 - 11:33 PM

Hello.

I do not really get this. I have been using the Openrails folder for years without any problems.
I make sure that only posts that start with ORTS are included.
Maybe there's an error that the same entry appears twice? Once in the eng file in the Openrails folder and once in the traditional eng file?

Sincerely, Laci1959

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users