• You cannot reply to this topic

TSRE5 newbuild problems Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   NickonWheels 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 21 July 2022 - 10:37 PM

Thanks for this!

For the moment I can`t see the difference (though maybe central Argentina is´nt the best place to observe this) but again the problem is DEM files. Every suggested and otherwise found method does´nt work or works no longer apparently. Can a slow internet connection be at fault?

#12 User is offline   FrannDzs 

• Apprentice
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 23 July 2022 - 08:04 AM

View PostNickonWheels, on 21 July 2022 - 10:37 PM, said:

Thanks for this!

For the moment I can`t see the difference (though maybe central Argentina is´nt the best place to observe this) but again the problem is DEM files. Every suggested and otherwise found method does´nt work or works no longer apparently. Can a slow internet connection be at fault?

Hi, in my house (Argentina) it is working perfectly. Maybe you should configure your DNS to Cloudflare (1.1.1.1) or Google (8.8.8.8) to get more speed in uploading/downloading.

#13 User is offline   NickonWheels 

• Conductor
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 24 July 2022 - 12:38 AM

Well, I actually thought about starting a route in Rosario and going west, flat open country. Though I saw rail lines in Argentina are similar to the US, they are all over the place with few connections and different gauges, just like they were built by private companies.

The thing is the only website I know about DEM downloading (see post #2) seemingly only works in the early morning and not at all later. For my kind of routebuilding DEM data is more important then underlying maps as making real lines is only half the fun. And maybe cities get more industry (and their rail connections) than in reality; I like switching the same way as long-distance freight and intercity trains!

#14 User is offline   FrannDzs 

• Apprentice
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 24 July 2022 - 08:32 AM

View PostNickonWheels, on 24 July 2022 - 12:38 AM, said:

Well, I actually thought about starting a route in Rosario and going west, flat open country. Though I saw rail lines in Argentina are similar to the US, they are all over the place with few connections and different gauges, just like they were built by private companies.

The thing is the only website I know about DEM downloading (see post #2) seemingly only works in the early morning and not at all later. For my kind of routebuilding DEM data is more important then underlying maps as making real lines is only half the fun. And maybe cities get more industry (and their rail connections) than in reality; I like switching the same way as long-distance freight and intercity trains!

That's great! I'm glad to hear that! There is an old route that is still available, for free, that goes from Buenos Aires, passing through Rosario, in the direction of Cordoba, it's thousands of KM, I recommend you try it. I give you the direct download link via Google Drive, property of the author, Luis Tubero:
https://drive.google...51NfF7XFrSghtMc

You can try to download DEM from here?:
https://search.earth...4436-LPDAAC_ECS
Also you are German, in Germany there should be a governmental site with high quality DEM files. If you want high quality Argentinian DEMS you can get them from the site of the National Geographic Institute by the Argentinian Ministry of Defence:
https://www.ign.gob....levaciones/Mapa

If you cannot access a website, try VPN or web proxy.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users