• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Log File Warning Missing signal shapes Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Docmartin 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 09 January 2022 - 07:30 AM

I have managed to correct nearly all the issues flagged in my OR log file, with the exception of the following:

Warning: 4 missing SignalShape(s) in C:\1MSTS\ROUTES\Chiltern\sigcfg.dat:line 20076

I need help in understanding what is wrong here and in developing a strategy to eliminate the problem.

Martin

#2 User is offline   steved 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:ORMG

Posted 09 January 2022 - 08:17 AM

You'll need to open the sigcfg.dat in a text editor that will show line numbers. I use Context for this.
Line number 20076 will list the shapes that the OR log refers to.
You'll have to add these shapes to the routes shape folder. Don't forget the textures as that will probably trip another error.

Randy

#3 User is offline   xavivilla 

• Fireman
  • Simulator:Open Rails - RailWorks

Posted 09 January 2022 - 09:52 AM

It could also be that in the SignalShapes (### section, 4 more SignalShape have been counted than there really are.
The number in SignalShapes (### has to match the number of SignalShape declared in the file.

#4 User is offline   slipperman 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & ORTS

Posted 09 January 2022 - 10:53 AM

Hi Martin,
I have the released version of your Chiltern route and have a similar warning in the log.

I believe the reason is because, earlier in the log, you'll see 4 Duplicate SignalShape warnings. When counting the number of SignalShape entries, Open Rails ignores those it's marked as duplicates.

Last year I started developing a program which checks for such errors in the sigcfg file - it is definitely working, so please let me know if you'd like to see if it will help :)

Cheers,
Ged

#5 User is offline   cjakeman 

• Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin

Posted 09 January 2022 - 12:00 PM

Hi Ged,

View Postslipperman, on 09 January 2022 - 10:53 AM, said:

I believe the reason is because, earlier in the log, you'll see 4 Duplicate SignalShape warnings. When counting the number of SignalShape entries, Open Rails ignores those it's marked as duplicates.

This sounds like a bug we would like to fix. Would you please raise a bug report on our Bug Tracker and provide the information needed to fix it (perhaps a sample file that shows the issue?).

Many thank,

#6 User is offline   Docmartin 

• Fireman

Posted 09 January 2022 - 01:39 PM

steved (Randy) wrote:

Line number 20076 will list the shapes that the OR log refers to

Unfortunately, this is not the case. Line 20076 is simply a line with a closing bracket near the end of the file.
Attached Image: sigcfg.jpg
I suspect that the problem is indeed a discrepancy between the number of Signal Types and the number of Signal Shapes. The problem is to identify which Signal Shapes are missing.
If nobody has any helpful suggestions as to how to figure out which are the missing shapes, I would be interested to see whether your program, Ged, can help with the identification. Can you send it to me as an email attachment or will you need to upload it to my OneDrive page? Either way, drop me a line at docmartin7644 AT gmail.com and many thanks for your offer.

Martin

#7 User is offline   ebnertra000 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:OR/TSRE

Posted 09 January 2022 - 02:36 PM

View PostDocmartin, on 09 January 2022 - 07:30 AM, said:

I have managed to correct nearly all the issues flagged in my OR log file, with the exception of the following:

Warning: 4 missing SignalShape(s) in C:\1MSTS\ROUTES\Chiltern\sigcfg.dat:line 20076

I need help in understanding what is wrong here and in developing a strategy to eliminate the problem.

Martin

The file either has four fewer SignalShape entries than the total SignalShapes value at the top of the shapes section, or there are four duplicate shapes which use the same shapename (e.g. Signal1.s) as other shapes, which is not allowed.

Because the .tdb uses the shape file's name (Signal1.s), allowing two different SignalShape entries using the same shape file name into the same route could have disastrous results. For this reason, OR's current practice of not counting more than one entry with the same shapename and throwing an error in the log is an effective safety catch to prevent this from happening

#8 User is offline   Docmartin 

• Fireman

Posted 09 January 2022 - 02:44 PM

What if You try to decrease number by 2 and see, if the error will disappear?

I did as you suggested, Weter, and indeed the error has disappeared. I don't quite understand why reducing the number by 2 should have eliminated an error of 4 missing shapes and I hope that by reducing the number of shapes by 2 will not mean that OR is now skipping a couple of shapes that are in fact used in the route.

However, TSRE is not reporting any errors relating to signals and now neither is OR so I am very grateful for your help.

Martin

#9 User is online   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 09 January 2022 - 02:47 PM

Q:

why reducing the number by 2 should have eliminated an error of 4 missing shapes

A:

4 Duplicate SignalShape (s). When counting the number of SignalShape entries, Open Rails ignores those it's marked as duplicates

#10 User is online   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Alföld

Posted 10 January 2022 - 01:14 AM

Helló.

Because the .tdb uses the shape file's name (Signal1.s), allowing two different SignalShape entries using the same shape file name into the same route could have disastrous results.

Tdb does not use a .s file.
Identification is done differently.

SignalItem (
		TrItemId ( 19 )
		TrItemSData ( 75.8375 00000002 )
		TrItemRData ( -668.38 372.904 -322.561 -5448 14708 )
		TrSignalType ( 000000c1 1 3.06263 GWRGrdsig )
		TrSignalDirs ( 1
			TrSignalDir ( 533 1 0 0 )
	)
)

The shape name is in the W file only. In the corresponding entry, GWRGrdsig is listed along with its serial number. GWRGrdsig is a SignalSubObj, of which there can be more than one flag, so it has a serial number. These two data are transferred to the tdb file.

Sincerely, Laci1959

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users