Elvas Tower: Electric locomotive selectors - Elvas Tower

Posting Rules

All new threads will be started by members of the Open Rails team, Staff, and/or Admins. Existing threads started in other forums may get moved here when it makes sense to do so.

Once a thread is started any member may post replies to it.
  • 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Electric locomotive selectors Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   gdineshnathan 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 25 December 2021 - 07:34 AM

Hello everyone,

As the discussion is on the selector for Electric tractions. Could the selector for automatic/manual compressor could also be added? Curious just in case.

#22 User is offline   Serana 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 26 December 2021 - 04:57 AM

Hi,

This could be the subject of another pull request since it is not related to the traction system.

#23 User is offline   FloBarr 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 29 December 2021 - 02:39 PM

Serana, on 26 November 2021 - 11:32 PM, said:

For this, it will be a bit complicated since we currently don't use an accurate DC motor model. The different couplings and excitation field weakening will only be possible once this model is available. We would have to model also the rheostat.

Hi Cédric,

Not the answer at your original question, but all of this DC motor model is coded, and works good (for me, at least!). Pretty complicated to set (needs several electrical values), but allow to suppress torque curves, and give a very pleasant driving for old DC and diesels locs (tested with CC6500, Z5300, BB67400, CC72000)

Flo

#24 User is offline   FloBarr 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 30 December 2021 - 02:35 AM

Weter, on 29 December 2021 - 06:00 PM, said:

Hello.
May I know that in details, please. Or, is there a description somewhere at Manual?

Hi,

Sorry, I've not explained correctly... Dev is on my own version at the moment, but not inserted on availables versions... It has been created for a real cab modified in simulator. I can give the code if interrested.

In details, the code rely on internal resistance, voltage, self, current, gearing ration ... to create the torque. For a notched locomotive, voltage is given by throttle position. A coupling change could be set for given notches. Shunting is operated by a separated control. For a "linear" locomotive (diesel locomotive in my case), a voltage regulator is inserted, keeping voltage*current equal to diesel power, with a priority to current. Shunting is automated in this case. A bit of work need to be done on parameters.

Flo

#25 User is online   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 30 December 2021 - 07:44 AM

Bonjour, Flo.
It seemes to me, You've made a great job. Unfortunately, I'm not trained to deal with a code yet.
But was it planned to integrate Your work to official release, or at list, Carlos's build?

As at real life!
Grateful for clarification.
Happy new year!

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users