• Simulator:MSTS & ORTS

Posted 23 August 2021 - 12:49 PM

http://www.elvastowe...eenshot&id=3023
File Name: ORTS Utility -- NoTrees
File Submitter: slipperman
File Submitted: 23 Aug 2021
File Updated: 02 Sep 2021
File Category: Computer Utilities

A utility to create tree clearance entries in OpenRails .trk files. Unpack the .zip file into any folder and run the executeable from there. Includes full readme.
No Installer is supplied.
Based on an idea by Alan Turk, programmed and uploaded by Ged Saunders.
v1.1 - Modified to process 'full' .trk files correctly, if they are placed in the OpenRails folder.
v1.2 - Amended to process 'full' .trk files which have spurious characters after the legitimate final close bracket.

Icon based on terraria-desktop-icon-21 from https://icon-library.com/icon/ - converted to icon by icoconvert.com

September 2021

Click here to download this file

#2 User is offline   Niknak 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:OR NewYear MG

Posted 24 August 2021 - 03:15 AM

That looks like a useful programme Ged, cheers! Any chance you could produce one that sorts out the weeds in my garden? :)

#3 User is offline   slipperman 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member

Posted 24 August 2021 - 05:33 AM

Hi (I've forgotten your name :sign_sorry: )
Thank you!
Unfortunately, v1.0 does not process full .trk files correctly. By 'full', I mean where the route's original .trk file has been copied into the OpenRails folder. The result is that any new 'Clearance ' lines appear AFTER the final close bracket (brace!). Thanks to Derek Morton for reporting this problem. V1.1 should be available by the end of this week.

Regarding the weeds in your garden, I might be able to do something if you can tell me what uniquely identifies a weed! It is said that a weed in merely a plant growing where it's not required :)

Cheers,
Ged

#4 User is offline   Niknak 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:OR NewYear MG

Posted 24 August 2021 - 07:41 AM

Hi Ged, I've noticed that although all my routes already had the trees/track and trees/road lines already in situ, the programme has added a separate Open Rails folder with a trk file with those two lines. It has not amended the main trk file which still has the original different values, so I'm not sure whether these will overwrite the entries in the route's main trk folder. Hope that makes sense and yes, you're quite correct about the weeds!

Nick.

#5 User is offline   slipperman 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member

Posted 24 August 2021 - 09:08 AM

Hi Nick,

the programme has added a separate Open Rails folder with a trk file with those two lines. It has not amended the main trk file which still has the original different values, so I'm not sure whether these will overwrite the entries in the route's main trk folder.

The program is only designed to create, or modify, a .trk file within the OpenRails folder. It does not touch the original .trk file, except to ensure its presence.

Although I haven't tested it, following OpenRail's normal procedure, I would expect the entries in the OpenRails .trk file to override those in the original route's .trk file.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention - a suitable note will be added to the readme.

Cheers,
Ged

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users