• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Preparing for release OR v1.4 It's getting closer Rate Topic: ****- 1 Votes

#91 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 20 October 2021 - 11:35 PM

A precision:
Also the cz-sk OR has its source code available, and it couldn't be different, because being it derived from the official OR, it must follow the GNU license requirements.

#92 User is offline   Lamplighter 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 21 October 2021 - 02:12 AM

However, this does not mean that fork OR was accepted without reservations by all Czech users of Open rails.
In order for all the new functions to be used, it means writing new settings for the vehicles.
And that's a stumbling block. Modifying and compiling the code requires a lot of effort (the author admits that he learned to program in C # from practically zero). He doesn't have time for more and help is sporadic. Therefore, only two electric locomotives and several wagons are available.
So far, it benefits from being compatible with the standard OR trainset. In this case, however, its new functions are not used.
Although the project has moved technically further, its future is with a question mark. It's all about the willingness and enthusiasm to do it.

Added:
If anyone is interested in a visual page without the need for installation, here is a link to a video on YT.

#93 User is offline   SebaLorenzo 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: New Hire
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 21 October 2021 - 01:29 PM

Hello, excuse my English since I am from Argentina and it is basic.
The problem I have is in the route that I am building, after updating OR they do not load the static objects of the route. If I go back to the XNA version it works perfectly.
No problem is recorded in the Log.
The objects are built in Blender 2.79.
Thanks for your help.

#94 User is online   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 22 October 2021 - 10:26 PM

@ Lamplighter
Indeed: if the developer, mentioned by You, could find it acceptable for him, and merge his work via GitHub - to common official branch, other ones could continue and develop that work, he started.
All interested users would get said benefits, without need to constantly switch between official and "advavced, but outdated" version, all-in-one.

#95 User is offline   mozdonyos 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:OR

Posted 23 October 2021 - 10:44 AM

View Postcjakeman, on 20 October 2021 - 10:08 AM, said:

I believe this dates from 3 years ago and this thread.

I think it's a shame that the Czech / Slovak team have found it easier to go their own way rather than work more closely with the Open Rails Project Team. It might be possible to port their changes back into the official version if anyone wants to give it a go. If not, there must be a lot that we could learn from their efforts.

Of course, our volunteers work on topics which they feel able to tackle. If some of these are "minor visual improvements", then these are welcome and eagerly incorporated

If you're planning a major enhancement, then please talk to us before you embark on it so we can discuss how it fits in. That's the reason that Blueprints for new features must be approved.

In my opinion, this is not a shame, they are simply disappointed by the passivity experienced in the forum here.
Whether the developers, or anyone, barely answers a question or suggestion from an outside person.
Or because of the cessation of developments that have begun and started with great momentum.
So they set out on their own journey.

I asked a number of questions and got no answers. I didn’t ask to be done for me, I just asked.

#96 User is offline   BB22210 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:OpenRail

Posted 24 October 2021 - 08:59 AM

Hello, What is the added value of 1.4 version compared to MG108 ?

• 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users