• You cannot reply to this topic

ORTS failed to work after update Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is online   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 29 September 2021 - 11:10 AM

Weter, on 28 September 2021 - 02:51 PM, said:

So, there is no need for me-to use update-pseudo.bat, as I understand?
I use now only update-templates and update-DLLs (rarely-update.bat)

Correct. You probably don't need to use "Update.bat" either, only "Update-Template.bat" (before doing translation) and "Update-DLL.bat" (after doing translation)

• "Update-Template.bat" updates the POT files from the source code
  • "Update-DLL.bat" updates the DLL files from the PO files
  • "Update.bat" does both

Weter, on 28 September 2021 - 02:51 PM, said:

It's pity, that localization, uploaded through GitHub becomes unworkable so soon, and uploading patches here is needed.

I don't know what you mean here. You should never need to use patch files instead of GitHub.

#12 User is online   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 29 September 2021 - 01:06 PM

Hello, James.
I have the direct ask to you, then...
Spoiler

Let's say it again, but as clear, as I can.
I have encountered, at least two times, the situation, when I unpack new testing version and it throws an error at start.
(the first time I've seen that, I was messed and puzzled, so I've started this thread. No one yet have clarified the situation to me, but I've discovered some additional facts during my own experiments since that time)
As the default language-setting of ORTS is "System", and my system's language is Russian - I guess, it automatically switches to using *.dll's from ru subfolder, and that spoils menu.exe execution (such a calambour): All drop-down fields are empty and warning window appears at start -this way, it's obviously, that I can't access an Options tab - for switching to English, so I go through removing of ru subfolder. I've noticed, that my previous version-related *.dll's: at first - don't cure that, and at second-don't match with size (smaller) of *dlls, included in testing *.zip, though I used the same materials, as I've uploaded to GitHub.

#13 User is online   Weter 

Posted 29 September 2021 - 01:27 PM

But, as I successfully change language to English, all works, as it have to work. And I have seen "pseudo" variant the first time-at drop-down list of language-setting.
To say true-that pseudo brings the same result-menu.exe stops functioning properly.

Since I compile new Russian *.dll's from actual version of source locales, they act normally. This leads us to the fact, that I owe to upload here the patch with those workable *.dll's for establishing new testing version's work in Russian.

So, to the ask itself:
I can't understand that messages about exceptions, assertions etc. to Jenkikn jobs and so on. But maybe You would perform the experiment, via changing Your ORTS to Russian with supplied libraries and observe/analyse the error's descriptions by yourself, then compare the case with repair *.dlls to localize the error's reason?

#14 User is online   Weter 

Posted 29 September 2021 - 01:32 PM

Weter, on 29 September 2021 - 01:51 AM, said:
It's pity, that localization, uploaded through GitHub becomes unworkable so soon, and uploading patches here is needed.

I mean, approving them for testing versions took months and it seems, they could turn obsolete during that period. As new strings were introduced.

I don't know what you mean here. You should never need to use patch files instead of GitHub.

Hope, my explanations lit some light to that dark situation for you. I think, it has sense to be resolved somehow. I'm ready for your further questions, if any.

#15 User is online   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 01 October 2021 - 10:59 AM

Weter, on 29 September 2021 - 01:06 PM, said:

I have encountered, at least two times, the situation, when I unpack new testing version and it throws an error at start.
(the first time I've seen that, I was messed and puzzled, so I've started this thread. No one yet have clarified the situation to me, but I've discovered some additional facts during my own experiments since that time)
As the default language-setting of ORTS is "System", and my system's language is Russian - I guess, it automatically switches to using *.dll's from ru subfolder, and that spoils menu.exe execution (such a calambour): All drop-down fields are empty and warning window appears at start -this way, it's obviously, that I can't access an Options tab - for switching to English, so I go through removing of ru subfolder. I've noticed, that my previous version-related *.dll's: at first - don't cure that, and at second-don't match with size (smaller) of *dlls, included in testing *.zip, though I used the same materials, as I've uploaded to GitHub.

I follow what you are saying, but I cannot reproduce the problem. :(

Weter, on 29 September 2021 - 01:27 PM, said:

I can't understand that messages about exceptions, assertions etc. to Jenkikn jobs and so on. But maybe You would perform the experiment, via changing Your ORTS to Russian with supplied libraries and observe/analyse the error's descriptions by yourself, then compare the case with repair *.dlls to localize the error's reason?

If I switch my Open Rails to Russian, it all works fine (1.4-rc5, T1.3.1-2065-g722935e9a, U2021.10.01-0651).

Unfortunately, that means I don't know what is going on and it does not seem like I can fix it. :(

Weter, on 29 September 2021 - 01:32 PM, said:

I mean, approving them for testing versions took months and it seems, they could turn obsolete during that period. As new strings were introduced.

I'm sorry for the delays in getting things approved. I hope things have improved since. In most cases, we should still be able to accept the updated PO files, even if they are months old.

#16 User is online   Weter 

Posted 01 October 2021 - 12:56 PM

1. Thank you for attempt to deal with it/
2. Looks like my system`s local issue... Well, I feel relief, if other possible users will not have any problems, so they will not need a patch.
That was put very shameful for me, that localization, that I decrared, prevents the program from normal working.
3. I can reproduce the issue and post screenshot of window with error report here, at least for You to read.
as first approach, you can see post#1 of this thread above^

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users