Elvas Tower: TSRE5_v0.7.001 track laying issues - Elvas Tower

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

TSRE5_v0.7.001 track laying issues Not all of sections listed are available Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   xavivilla 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails - RailWorks

Posted 10 June 2021 - 03:18 PM

The "concrete" tracks use the Concrete1.ace, Concrete2.ace or Concrete4.ace textures to represent the ballast and sleepers.

The tracks that are in the SHAPES folder of the route, you can only put them as Static, they will never be TrackObj

#12 User is offline   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 10 June 2021 - 03:30 PM

But other shapes like 250mconcrete are available for placing without issues...
Well, it's clear about track section models in route subfolder now, I hope.

#13 User is offline   eric from trainsim 

• Waste Disposal Engineer
  • Group: Private - Open Rails Developer

Posted 10 June 2021 - 08:15 PM

TSRE won't add shapes to a route folder in my experience... Did you create a new route and new terrain from HGT maps? You might be seeing terrain spikes from bad terrain mapping data.

Yes, the TSection contains every track section ever invented. TSRE will only show the pieces you have.

#14 User is offline   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 June 2021 - 08:42 PM

Hello.
Yes, I've just opened TSRE and started new route, so I wonder, where did it took trackshapes, that I have not got before.

Very likely, that it downloaded them, because some of them were seen at Polish CMK route.

Every piece I have-without corresponding setting in config set on, or by default?

Hgt load was failed. Later, my colleague explained to me (and also I've seen at Manual) that I have to download proper *.hgt files by myself, so that's future business.

Happyly, I've found track profile and used mentioned height and coordinates plus texture map, provided by TSRE for referring point, then formed around terrain, relative sketch track.

#15 User is offline   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Alföld

Posted 23 November 2021 - 04:36 AM

Weter, on 10 June 2021 - 01:59 PM, said:

Some of them displayed when with wooden ties, but not, if with concrete. (If there are such variants.)
This is only some of erroneous shapes, full list will be available when I'll be at my laptop with TSRE.

But where did TSRE take that shapes to populate new route's SHAPES subdirectory, if there are no such shapes in Global folder?

Created by the modeler, copied by the track builder to the Global folder and used.

https://kephost.net/p/2021/47/9667_2409c16e9062.png
7_5d detour <shift> (Pnt) MÁV with 48.5kg rail, animated shift diagram. The figure glows in the dark.

https://kephost.net/p/2021/47/2979_e42524261899.png
Rename A1t500m track element shape. The picture alternates between 3d wood and concrete cross base. The bed is also 3d, although it is not visible from this angle. Interpretation and further development of the German DB1-DB4 3d element family.

After selecting the track element, click the "Edit" button and enter the appropriate name in the text box. Because the item is a standard size, it is not included in the TSection.dat file. The item must be in the Shapes folder in the Global folder, its textures in the Textures folder of the track. Closing the Edit text box replaces the track element.

#16 User is offline   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 23 November 2021 - 04:44 AM

https://kephost.net/p/2021/47/1281_573f2edd2e1e.png

The track element in the picture does not use standard names, and that is very good. Now there are 15 detours (Pnt) ready with different condition rails (from glossy to rusty) and different benches. At the stations, the bench with the crown of the bed is a high. The open line is below that. The height was determined to fit below the Canadian 3d embankment family.

#17 User is offline   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 23 November 2021 - 07:51 AM

Weter, on 10 June 2021 - 08:42 PM, said:

Hello.
Yes, I've just opened TSRE and started new route, so I wonder, where did it took trackshapes, that I have not got before.

It is read from the Tsection.dat file. If you have a shape you can display it, you can't display it. Without texture in black, if there is texture then normally.
There are many items listed in the TSection.dat file for which there is no shape.

#18 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

• Owner Emeritus and Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 23 November 2021 - 12:12 PM

xavivilla, on 10 June 2021 - 10:20 AM, said:

The shape files of the track and road parts must all be in the GLOBAL / SHAPES folder, not in the shapes folder of the path under construction. The textures do have to be in the TEXTURES folder of the path under construction.

There are exceptions to this: You can put "alternative" shapes in a routes \shapes folder and use them by editing the name of the original shape to the alternative (including path). I used to do that edit directly in the world file but there is a function in TSRE that lets you do that task within the editor.

It can be handy when you occasionally want regular shapes w/ alternative texturing. Works w/ road shapes as well.

IIRC the textures for Scalerai9l shapes are placed in the routes ]textures folder. This is because that library offers a variety of visually different textures with identical names. You install want you want for each route.

#19 User is offline   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 23 November 2021 - 01:19 PM

There are exceptions to this: You can put "alternative" shapes in a routes \shapes folder and use them by editing the name of the original shape to the alternative (including path). I used to do that edit directly in the world file but there is a function in TSRE that lets you do that task within the editor.

Of course he is right. I really missed that.
I apologize.
I don't have to, I'll correct it. It's more comfortable. If it is in the Shapes folder in the Global folder, it is also available to other track builders. Or #Weter can use the custom track elements copied there for other tracks.
There was some intent behind it.
That text box is very small and unfortunately the filename is quite long. If I use a full path, I have to scroll it in the text box, so I don't like it.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users