• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

OR Monogame Graphic Rendering Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   FS.E652 091 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 16 May 2021 - 09:21 AM

Hi everyone ... I open this topic as I have not found anything about it ..
The question is this ...

Is it possible to edit parameters on Scenery Shader files in order to have a clearer graphic rendering?

I write this because I noticed that there is a lot of difference between the rendering on the TSRE and on the Monogame version .. the latter tends to load the graphic rendering in a different way, a bit as if in the distance you lose sharpness ...

I state that I have an Nvidia Gtx 1050Ti ... and although the sharpening function is active on the Nvidia settings, they do not work on Open Rails ...

So I was wondering if there was some trick or somewhere in between to make the rendering of the program a little better ...
I don't use Reshade as I am against secondary programs that add effects by losing Fps in game ...
I'd rather have compatible features between Nvidia and Open Rails Monogame!

Waiting for an answer, I wish everyone a good day

#2 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 16 May 2021 - 09:47 AM

View PostFS.E652 091, on 16 May 2021 - 09:21 AM, said:

So I was wondering if there was some trick or somewhere in between to make the rendering of the program a little better ...
I don't use Reshade as I am against secondary programs that add effects by losing Fps in game ...
I'd rather have compatible features between Nvidia and Open Rails Monogame!

Waiting for an answer, I wish everyone a good day

You know not all ReShade manipulations affect FPS, I have found that some do decrease FPS and others have no effect at all. You should try working with the many sharpening effects available for ReShade to see if you can find one.

#3 User is offline   FS.E652 091 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 16 May 2021 - 12:59 PM

I tried the Luma Sharpen effect, and I think there is a slight decrease in FPS ... I don't know! but I thought I saw a bit of jerkiness compared to normal .. Bellissima!
In any case it seems a bit exuberant to rely on an external filter program when there would be the possibility of having it already working from the Nvidia options ...
Also I know that some cards, including mine, gives you the possibility with Alt + F3 to open the game filter mode where there are filters to be set, and I'm sorry that not everything is compatible with Open Rails ..!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users