Elvas Tower: Open Rails Tutorial for Shunting Activities - Elvas Tower

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Open Rails Tutorial for Shunting Activities Activity Pack for TS_StarterRoute Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   HookitandBookit 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 16 March 2021 - 12:08 PM

I too greatly enjoy this activity pack and would like to offer my sincere thank you to the creators for making it available for public use.

#12 User is offline   HookitandBookit 

• Hostler

Posted 13 December 2021 - 08:34 AM

I have had great use of this package and would like to thank the creators for making it available to the public. An example to follow, it is wonderful how they used only rolling stock that was easily available or already included. Many times when you find an activity there is a massive list of dowloads you have to do just to be able run it. If i ever get anywhere in activity creation for OR i will follow these folks example and make it accesible to ALL.
THANK YOU!

#13 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

• Owner Emeritus and Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin

Posted 13 December 2021 - 01:28 PM

View Postcjakeman, on 28 February 2021 - 11:40 AM, said:

Done now; see Learn > Activities

Wherever that Siskiyou link points to is potentially VERY NASTY. Do not go there.

#14 User is online   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 December 2021 - 02:51 PM

View PostGenma Saotome, on 13 December 2021 - 01:28 PM, said:

Wherever that Siskiyou link points to is potentially VERY NASTY. Do not go there.

Can you clarify Dave, I looked at those links, both point to the Internet Wayback Machine ( one had a fundraising pop-up - but that's normal this time of year )

#15 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

• Owner Emeritus and Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 December 2021 - 09:28 PM

View PostR H Steele, on 13 December 2021 - 02:51 PM, said:

Can you clarify Dave, I looked at those links, both point to the Internet Wayback Machine ( one had a fundraising pop-up - but that's normal this time of year )

Well, isn't that interesting. I went to the OR page, clicked on a link that was about Dale Rickart's Siskiyou Route Activities and was presented with a page demanding I do something or else and that would not close or let me do much of anything else. I had to do cntl-alt-del to get to a menu where I could invoke a logoff.

I don't think I was just lucky -- A winner! Our 1000th click, here is a page from hell. I figure it was every click on that link. Beyond what I've said I don't know anything else... not inclined to explore further.

#16 User is online   engmod 

• Open Rails Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Simulator:ORNYMG

Posted 13 December 2021 - 10:03 PM

There is a zero day exploit for Apache running around at the moment.

#17 User is offline   A D REID 

• Apprentice

Post icon  Posted 30 December 2021 - 12:20 PM

View PostHookitandBookit, on 13 December 2021 - 08:34 AM, said:

I have had great use of this package and would like to thank the creators for making it available to the public. An example to follow, it is wonderful how they used only rolling stock that was easily available or already included. Many times when you find an activity there is a massive list of dowloads you have to do just to be able run it. If i ever get anywhere in activity creation for OR i will follow these folks example and make it accesible to ALL.
THANK YOU!

I am thrilled that you have enjoyed that collection of activities for BNSF Scenic. Let me tell you that activity creation can be a rewarding experience (and even more rewarding when other people enjoy your creations).

I would encourage you to start by making some simple activities for your own enjoyment, using the guides supplied along with V2 of the STARTER activities package.

I think you would also enjoy my collection of switching activities for the Long Island Railroad (LIRR), which uses only rolling stock that is supplied with that route. These activities are of a "freewheeling" nature, as each may be run again using different switch lists. Ref: http://www.elvastowe...__fromsearch__1

Regards,
Dan Reid

P.S.
An activity was released today by Tor A. Hansen for BNSF SCENIC V 2, using only rolling stock supplied with the route. Ref: https://www.trainsim...right&fid=37082

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users