• You cannot reply to this topic

ORTS Monogame 54.1 - Abnormal Crash Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is online   steved 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:ORMG

Posted 14 December 2020 - 06:02 PM

FS.E652 091, on 14 December 2020 - 05:11 PM, said:

What do you mean with having the installation on C:\Program Files (x86) ? i have installed the game in this principal SSD Drive o.O

Your log file says C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\ROUTES\TRINACRIA\ACTIVITIES\R_5400 AgrigentoC - PalermoC.act.
Your train stuff needs to be kept out of the programs folders.

#12 User is online   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors

Posted 15 December 2020 - 02:57 AM

FS.E652 091, on 14 December 2020 - 05:08 PM, said:

... as for the watchdog instead, I would like to understand more, the route in question is personal for now as some details are missing before being able to publish it ..
and in addition to this I have another quite large scenario in the landscape project ... I would like to understand if by deactivating it, I run risks related to crashes or maybe I improve game stability ..!

I also add, that in that situation, the weather conditions were of the rainy type with bounding box settings higher than the standard values, it may be that the problem was also given by that ... because playing the activity in clear sky conditions, therefore without rain and with default bounding box values, no crash or blocking occurred.

As for the rest, if you download Rev.83, is it as stable as 54?

The watchdog has been created to intercept OR stalls, that is infinite loops or similar. This interception occurs in a quite brutal way, that is aborting the execution of OR and returning to the menu. I have disabled the watchdog, because I almost never experienced stalls, and didn't experience any one in the last couple of years, while, when I had the watchdog running, I experienced quite many unneeded returns to menu due to its intervention, also because I have a slow computer. So, in my opinion, the watchdog would like to intercept a very rare problem, while instead aborting OR in many cases where this is not necessary.

A large rain bounding box is likely to increase CPU load.

And, referring to your last question, for sure rev. 83 has more bug fixes than rev. 54, and therefore should be at least equally stable.

#13 User is offline   FS.E652 091 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 15 December 2020 - 04:22 PM

steved, on 14 December 2020 - 06:02 PM, said:

Your log file says C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\ROUTES\TRINACRIA\ACTIVITIES\R_5400 AgrigentoC - PalermoC.act.
Your train stuff needs to be kept out of the programs folders.

Ahhh Ok! so i have to keep the files in another location, for example --> C:\ Microsoft Games ? But it's strange you know? because, i never had problems of stability due to this

#14 User is offline   FS.E652 091 

• Conductor

Posted 15 December 2020 - 04:25 PM

Csantucci, on 15 December 2020 - 02:57 AM, said:

The watchdog has been created to intercept OR stalls, that is infinite loops or similar. This interception occurs in a quite brutal way, that is aborting the execution of OR and returning to the menu. I have disabled the watchdog, because I almost never experienced stalls, and didn't experience any one in the last couple of years, while, when I had the watchdog running, I experienced quite many unneeded returns to menu due to its intervention, also because I have a slow computer. So, in my opinion, the watchdog would like to intercept a very rare problem, while instead aborting OR in many cases where this is not necessary.

A large rain bounding box is likely to increase CPU load.

And, referring to your last question, for sure rev. 83 has more bug fixes than rev. 54, and therefore should be at least equally stable.

I have Understood all Carlo... thanks for the explanation.. so i will disable the watchdog option... also i have a high performance PC so this is not needed i think..!
today i have started to fix the sound warnings.. now is much better...! and yesterday i have played 2 activities with no crashes...

I was sure that incrementing the bounding box datas, the CPU works more... so, now i have understood this problem and i will keep the values to the standard...!

#15 User is offline   FS.E652 091 

• Conductor

Posted 16 December 2020 - 04:38 PM

Hello everyone ... so, today I did 2 activities, one forward and one return, the initial activity, that is the outward one, crashed about 5 minutes before I arrived at the final station, always with the problem that sees the game freeze, sounds that feel like nothing has happened, and I had to forcibly quit ..

The return activity, on the other hand, didn't have any blocks, everything went smoothly without any crashes ...

I am attaching the two logs, the first relating to the initial activity: Attached File  OpenRailsLog Start Service.txt (731.95K)
Number of downloads: 208

and the second relating to the return activity: Attached File  OpenRailsLog - Return Service.txt (127.05K)
Number of downloads: 207

I state that I tried to fix the problem related to the sounds .. unfortunately I do not understand much about SMS files ...:

#16 User is online   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors

Posted 17 December 2020 - 01:07 AM

In next OR NewYear MG release I will insert a change drastically reducing the length of the thread wait warning messages. That might help.

#17 User is offline   FS.E652 091 

• Conductor

Posted 17 December 2020 - 03:05 AM

Thanks Carlo for what you do for our community of fans ..!

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users