Elvas Tower: Wishes for improvement of braking systems - Elvas Tower

• 65 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Wishes for improvement of braking systems Adding and correcting of features Rate Topic: -----

#321 User is online   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 09 April 2023 - 03:10 AM

Ah, You have reminded me: compressor MU control was discussed in connection with US diesels in DPU configuration.
In case of multiple unit passenger trains, single compressors are often small (~5kw for Эр series), so normally work altogether.

So BC size and quantity parameters are for vehicles without triple valve and AR defined(mounted)?

#322 User is online   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Alföld

Posted 09 April 2023 - 06:40 AM

Also those parameters are required for all vehicles with vacuum brakes. AFAIK EngineBrakesControllerBailOffStart is now functional. The compressor is MU controlled is mostly for multiple unit trains so that compressors share the load, it causes all compressors on the train to start and stop at the same time.
Report Icon Report to Admin

Hello.

Only for vehicles with vacuum brakes? Or is it also true for automatic brake systems (Westinghouse, UIC)?
Is CabCar correct for the Type ( Control ) setting, or for the reduced power control cars from the MSTS days?

Sincerely, Laci 1959

#323 User is offline   darwins 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 09 April 2023 - 06:46 AM

View PostLaci1959, on 09 April 2023 - 06:40 AM, said:

Is CabCar correct for the Type ( Control ) setting, or for the reduced power control cars from the MSTS days?

Sincerely, Laci 1959

Good question. Type ( Control ) works seems to work for many trains but not all trains at the moment.

#324 User is online   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 09 April 2023 - 08:31 AM

View Postdarwins, on 09 April 2023 - 06:46 AM, said:

Good question. Type ( Control ) works seems to work for many trains but not all trains at the moment.

Yes, I noticed that. Now, for example, it doesn't work at all. At least with the original controller.

#325 User is offline   darwins 

• Superintendant

Posted 09 April 2023 - 09:19 AM

Thanks. I have just tested some control trailers.
Diesel mechanical with vacuum brakes - still works for me
Electric multiple unit with air brakes - still works for me
CTN diesel unit with SME brakes - no longer works (also the SME brake system no longer works only the emergency air brakes) So will submit bug reports for these.
You may want to submit bug reports for other control trailers that worked before, but do not work now.

#326 User is online   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 09 April 2023 - 10:14 AM

Hello.

Electric multiple unit with air brakes - still works for me

Is it Type (Control) or still the traditional one? I follow the developments, but I don't remember that there is a control car with Type (Control) setting for electric locomotives.

You may want to submit bug reports for other control trailers that worked before, but do not work now.

Is it Type (Control) or still the traditional one? I follow the developments, but I don't remember that there is a control car with Type (Control) setting for electric locomotives.
I first tried with a traditional one, then I took out the CTN test set to check. I'm not sure, but I think that when you put the gear in the control car for the diesel mechanical car, that's when the error occurred.

Sorry if I took the thread to the wrong side. It's a bad habit of mine.

Laci 1959

#327 User is offline   darwins 

• Superintendant

Posted 09 April 2023 - 10:25 AM

All of the above are Type ( Control ). I have used one successfully in an old time electric multiple unit. Another one I tried in a new type of train did not work. Not sure why the differences.

#328 User is offline   Traindude 

• Engineer

Posted 10 April 2023 - 08:53 AM

Another question, which I'm not 100% sure applies to this thread but is worth mentioning: Brake-Door Interlocks

I read somewhere (I forget where) that modern commuter train rolling stock (both D/EMU and locomotive-hauled) have an interlock system in place that holds the brakes in the applied position while the coach doors are open, and prevents the brakes from being released until all doors are closed. Likewise the interlock prevents the doors from opening unless the brakes have been applied.

Not sure if this system exists in the real world or not, but if it is, is it worth implementing?

#329 User is offline   darwins 

• Superintendant

Posted 10 April 2023 - 09:42 AM

You might like to read this link. It sounds as though at least on some trains in UK the interlocks may prevent power being applied rather than prevent brakes being released. https://www.railforu...terlock.137013/

#330 User is online   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines

Posted 10 April 2023 - 10:37 AM

Hello.

We also have this in the FLIRT and KISS motor trains (EMU). I don't know exactly how it works, but there is an active driver in the Openrail Facebook group. I will ask them.

Sincerely, Laci 1959

• 65 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users