Elvas Tower: Wishes for improvement of braking systems - Elvas Tower

• 65 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Wishes for improvement of braking systems Adding and correcting of features Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 04 November 2020 - 06:19 AM

Interesting note:
the valves can be divided into:
-time type (where adjustment is done by the time, during wich the handle was holden at particular position and then returned to Hold position)
-angle type (where setting depends on the angle on wich the handle been rotated)

This way, the FullService token determins the RATE of BP discharge, but ContiniousService- the FINAL BC PRESSURE
Am I right?
Then, what about Apply token?

#12 User is offline   Traindude 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 06 November 2020 - 10:01 PM

Not sure if this is relevant to this thread but here goes:

One thing I've noticed in OR while using RailDriver is the odd behavior of the Bail Off feature. I am unsure whether this is an OR problem or a RailDriver problem--

When using the bail off feature using the slash (/) key, the action is momentary--press and hold to engage, release to disengage. However, when using the bail feature built in to the independent brake handle on the RailDriver, the bail off feature engages when I move the handle sideways, but doesn't disengage like it's supposed to when I release the handle--I have to press the slash (/) key to disengage it. Is anyone else experiencing this?

#13 User is offline   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Simulator:Alföld

Posted 07 November 2020 - 03:35 AM

"bail-off"
It is used in Hungary because it spares the locomotive brake blocks. They are harder to replace than your cars. Of course, this is a function of the braking of the train.

#14 User is offline   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 07 November 2020 - 03:45 AM

...Plus for preventing wheel-brake engage if Electro-dynamic brakes are turned on. In case of Blended brakes absence.
However this feature IS implemented in MSTS and has dedicated parameter for *.eng-files

#15 User is offline   perpetualKid 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:OR

Posted 07 November 2020 - 05:58 AM

View PostTraindude, on 06 November 2020 - 10:01 PM, said:

when using the bail feature built in to the independent brake handle on the RailDriver, the bail off feature engages when I move the handle sideways, but doesn't disengage like it's supposed to when I release the handle--I have to press the slash (/) key to disengage it.

imho this is a bug in OpenRails. If you test one of the OR MG versions which have a different RailDriver implementation, the behavior is more what you'd expect.

#16 User is offline   pschlik 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:OpenRails - Unstable

Posted 08 November 2020 - 10:42 PM

I gotta echo making graduated release a property of the engine, rather than an option in the game menus.

It's just a bit odd that OpenRails forces choosing everything to have graduated brakes or nothing having graduated brakes; this is just a property of the locomotive at use, and more generally, the specific brake mode a locomotive has been set to. There's little good reason to make this a global property.

#17 User is offline   Laci1959 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Simulator:Alföld

Posted 09 November 2020 - 12:32 AM

View PostLaci1959, on 07 November 2020 - 03:35 AM, said:

"bail-off"
It is used in Hungary because it spares the locomotive brake blocks. They are harder to replace than your cars. Of course, this is a function of the braking of the train.

There is now a Blended function, just bad, it calculates the electric brake from the brake line pressure instead of using the brake lever position.
We have two types of operation. 1. The old one where the air brake operated the electric brake. The air brake lever also moved the electric brake lever, which operated the electric brakes. If the electric brake lever is reset, the electric brake will stop operating.
2. FLIRT, KISS multiple units where the electric brake actuates the air brake. In this case, the use of the air brake is optional. There is a button on the control lever to turn the air brake off.

#18 User is offline   Traindude 

• Engineer

Posted 09 November 2020 - 06:21 AM

View PostperpetualKid, on 07 November 2020 - 05:58 AM, said:

imho this is a bug in OpenRails. If you test one of the OR MG versions which have a different RailDriver implementation, the behavior is more what you'd expect.

Which version is that? I am using U2020.11.08-2021. I can't seem to find any other version besides the usual stable & unstable versions on the OR website...

#19 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 09 November 2020 - 07:19 AM

View PostTraindude, on 09 November 2020 - 06:21 AM, said:

Which version is that? I am using U2020.11.08-2021. I can't seem to find any other version besides the usual stable & unstable versions on the OR website...

In the forum called Mongame Migration there is a thread with the title OR NewYear MG. That is where you get the OR MG version from. The download is a zipfile which AFAIK must be unpacked using 7zip. Current version of OR MG is in post #769.

PS. Only update this version from that thread. The normal updater will replace it with the standard OR version/s.

#20 User is offline   darwins 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 09 November 2020 - 07:28 AM

I have tried to survey a variety of brake controllers that might be used in Open Rails and listed them in the attached document.

If you are aware of other types of brake system and brake controllers, please do send me information, preferably in English and I will add them.

Straight air train brake systems such as SME and SMEE are not included in the document as these can not currently be modelled in Open Rails.

The brake tokens that we currently have cover a very wide range of possibilities, but there are four additional tokens (other than overcharge) that we may wish to add:

HOLDING - position on Westinghouse 5-ET, 6-ET and 14-EL brake systems - releases train brakes only, but keeps locomotive and tender brakes applied.

DYNAMIC BRAKE ONLY - this position gives application of dynamic brake only without application of air brake or EP brake

NOTCHED AIR BRAKE
- should be made available for mechanical notched train air brake systems such as the Knorr Type C and the Knorr Type D2 - at present thses can only be modelled using TrainBrakesControllerEPApplyStart ideally this could be replaced by TrainBrakesControllerBrakeNotchStart.

SLOW APPLICATION
- Slow Service position on the 394 brake controller described by Weter and the Knorr St 125 brake controller. In addition to a new brake token these would also need the definition of a new paramater

TrainBrakesControllerSlowApplicationRate

This could be used in both air brake and vacuum brake systems to provide an alternative 'hook' for AWS applications, which on older locomotives was slower than either full service or emergency braking.

Attached File(s)

• 65 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users