Elvas Tower: Where oh where can that file be. - Elvas Tower

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Where oh where can that file be. Rate Topic: -----

#1 Inactive_kelticsylk_*

• Group: Status: Passengers (Obsolete)

Posted 22 October 2020 - 03:09 PM

Downloaded and installed TSRE5. I got the route editor up on my screen Great, probably works fine. Don't know yet haven't learned. No problem.

Where does this thing install itself? I want to create consists. Helpful tutorials, videos, whatever say go to the TSRE folder and find the consist editor executable. All well and good.

Could someone PLEASE divulge to me the secret folders location. I ran a search for TSRE (twice now) and even Windows cannot find it.

Pretty please?

#2 User is offline   xavivilla 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails - RailWorks

Posted 22 October 2020 - 03:29 PM

To start the consists editor run the file ConsistEditor.bat

#3 User is offline   MMax 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 22 October 2020 - 08:59 PM

The exe file you downloaded is both the installer and the main program. At first run, it will download additional files from the internet and populate the same folder it is saved to (or you can download the stuff manually). That's why you should at least make a new folder and move the TSRE5 axe there before running it.

#4 User is offline   pwillard 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:OpenRails

Posted 23 October 2020 - 06:06 AM

View PostMMax, on 22 October 2020 - 08:59 PM, said:

The exe file you downloaded is both the installer and the main program. At first run, it will download additional files from the internet and populate the same folder it is saved to (or you can download the stuff manually). That's why you should at least make a new folder and move the TSRE5 axe there before running it.

In other words it is completely portable so does not require being installed in the traditional sense. It does mean you need to do some extra work if you want desktop icons. ...and if you are doing that (creating icons), you might also want to place the BAT files as shortcuts since these BAT files are how you load the TSRE program with command-line options to make them run in alternate modes (Consist editing, Shape Viewer).

#5 Inactive_kelticsylk_*

• Group: Status: Passengers (Obsolete)

Posted 23 October 2020 - 08:19 AM

Thank you all.
THANKYOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU
and again THANK YOU

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users