• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

OR Problem with Freights in PRR East Region v2 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Captain Tom 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:MSTS ORTS

Posted 24 July 2020 - 09:33 AM

Have had wonderful success developing passenger traffic on this fabulous piece of work. My problem occurs when I develop freight timetables. Freight yards (such as Enola, or Marysville) are not considered "stations" therefore the OR timetable does not recognize them and doesn't" know what to do with them for an intermediate stop before the final destination. I see specific tracks mentioned in both the .tit and .tdb files. but...

There must be a workaround for this but nothing is mentioned in either the OR or Trackviewer Manual.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Captain Tom

#2 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 24 July 2020 - 10:12 AM

Best way out : terminate the train where you want to stop it, and form it into a new train. This does not really show when the train is run as AI or as player - to all intend and purposes it looks as if the train just stopped and then continued.
Only snag is that you will need lots of paths, but that's just a one-off job and easy enough if you use the new trackviewer.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

#3 User is offline   Captain Tom 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:MSTS ORTS

Posted 25 July 2020 - 01:23 PM

roeter, on 24 July 2020 - 10:12 AM, said:

Best way out : terminate the train where you want to stop it, and form it into a new train. This does not really show when the train is run as AI or as player - to all intend and purposes it looks as if the train just stopped and then continued.
Only snag is that you will need lots of paths, but that's just a one-off job and easy enough if you use the new trackviewer.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

Thanks very much Rob. I'll try that. I've already built dozens of paths for the PRR so I'm getting good at it :) The only other thought I had was to put a 1 hour wait time in the path at the given yard so every freight would wait (they have their own paths) Never done that but..

Agin thanks for the prompt feedback!

Captain Tom

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users