Elvas Tower: TSRE Not Finding Include Files - Elvas Tower

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

TSRE Not Finding Include Files Misinterpretation of include ( ) statements. Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is online   Weter 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 20 July 2021 - 08:54 AM

For knowing that IRL the experimental rides are performed. Usually with dynamometric-carriage, coupled between locomotive and consist with known mass.
Along the route of interest with desired speed.
Above max speed, ORTS/MSTS reduces the tractive effort so much, that locomotive can't accelerate further. So in horizontal track it can gain only that speed plus 5 or 15(I don't remember exactly)mph

#22 User is offline   pschlik 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:OpenRails - Unstable

Posted 14 April 2024 - 12:49 PM

Since Eric is working on TSRE again, I'm going to give this topic a bump and hopefully this can be resolved because nearly 4 years later and this is still an issue. I can still find many engines and wagons which TSRE will fail to parse fully but that Open Rails handles just fine because of this difference in understanding.

#23 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

• Owner Emeritus and Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 14 April 2024 - 12:56 PM

IMO this problem has reduced the consist editor to non-functional.

#24 User is offline   eric from trainsim 

• Waste Disposal Engineer
  • Group: Private - Open Rails Developer

Posted 14 April 2024 - 01:59 PM

Have you tried in 8.003?

I did a lot of work to integrate EOTs and load-or files, including fixing relative vs absolute pathing.

First I'm hearing of a different issue around includes.

#25 User is offline   pschlik 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:OpenRails - Unstable

Posted 14 April 2024 - 02:47 PM

Still busted in 8.003, though I don't have any direct comparisons to older versions to know if anything has changed.

As an example in 8.003, I have this tank car PROX 13318. TSRE is detecting some aspects of the wagon, including the weight, but has failed to identify the type of wagon (Freight) and the brake system (Air_single_pipe).

https://i.imgur.com/tmqkcX8.png

I can fire up a consist with this in Open Rails proper without any errors relating to this wag or a missing file. If OR couldn't find the file that declares the brake system type on this thing, it would crash.

https://i.imgur.com/0dfpePt.png

If I look at the 'open in external editor' list for this wagon, I see far fewer files than on a wagon file that isn't showing this sort of missing data. So TSRE is clearly missing some files.

https://i.imgur.com/o6FU7kE.png
https://i.imgur.com/LKUOdn7.png

So this wagon is TRAINS\TRAINSET\SP_SHASTA_FREIGHT\OpenRails\PROX_ACID_TANK_13318_LD.wag, the file that should define the wagon type and brake system type is TRAINS\TRAINSET\Common_psc\Core\Freight_Wagon_Settings_psc.inc, TSRE is failing to grab this file (and some others).

The chain of references goes something like this:
  • TRAINS\TRAINSET\SP_SHASTA_FREIGHT\OpenRails\PROX_ACID_TANK_13318_LD.wag -> include ( "..\\..\\Common_psc\\Freight_Cars\\14K_Tank_Loaded_psc.inc" )
  • TRAINS\TRAINSET\Common_psc\Freight_Cars\14K_Tank_Loaded_psc.inc -> include ( "..\\..\\Common_psc\\Freight_Cars\\Common\\Preset_14K_Tank_psc.inc" )
  • TRAINS\TRAINSET\Common_psc\Freight_Cars\Common\Preset_14K_Tank_psc.inc -> include ( "..\\..\\..\\Common_psc\\Core\\Freight_Wagon_Settings_psc.inc" )
  • TRAINS\TRAINSET\Common_psc\Core\Freight_Wagon_Settings_psc.inc -> Type ( Freight ); BrakeSystemType ( "Air_single_pipe" )

TSRE appears to successfully complete steps 1 and 2, but fails at that "include ( "..\\..\\..\\Common_psc\\Core\\Freight_Wagon_Settings_psc.inc" )" line. If I look at the other missing references, they are all include statements contained within TRAINS\TRAINSET\Common_psc\Freight_Cars\Common\Preset_14K_Tank_psc.inc.

The only thing special about Preset_14K_Tank_psc.inc is that it is one level deeper in the folder structure than the other files, and as such it requires three 'up one level' calls in the subsequent include statements to return to the TRAINSET level, while the other include statements only required going up two levels. That smells of the same absolute file reference shenanigans that I pointed out 4 years ago. If I had to guess, TSRE is still seeing "include ( "..\\..\\..\\Common_psc\\Core\\Freight_Wagon_Settings_psc.inc" )" and thinks this file path is being given relative to the original .wag file, TRAINS\TRAINSET\SP_SHASTA_FREIGHT\OpenRails\PROX_ACID_TANK_13318_LD.wag, NOT relative to the file containing the include statement TRAINS\TRAINSET\Common_psc\Freight_Cars\Common\Preset_14K_Tank_psc.inc.

If that include statement is interpreted relative to the .wag file, instead of searching for TRAINS\TRAINSET\Common_psc\Core\Freight_Wagon_Settings_psc.inc, TSRE would be looking for TRAINS\Common_psc\Core\Freight_Wagon_Settings_psc.inc, and this file does not exist.

So, if I copy the "Common_psc" folder from TRAINSET to TRAINS, where TSRE probably thinks it is...TSRE works just fine and detects the wagon type and brake system. This proves to me the problem is still there.

https://i.imgur.com/83mR0r5.png

The one thing that is different is that the TSRE log doesn't seem to be recording these missing file errors like it used to. The log is filled to the brim with stuff about .eot files, freight animations, and .con files but absolutely nothing relating to .inc files and whether or not any are missing.

#26 User is offline   eric from trainsim 

• Waste Disposal Engineer
  • Group: Private - Open Rails Developer

Posted 14 April 2024 - 06:06 PM

Missing includes should still throw a message into the log.

I'll dig into this more tomorrow.

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users