Elvas Tower: Snow Issues - Elvas Tower

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Snow Issues Snow causes train to be immobilized, no smoke, HUD problems... Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Traindude 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 01 April 2020 - 03:53 AM

Hi:

I recently attempted to run an explore route activity on the Coals to Newcastle test route using midneguy's brilliant CB&Q steam engines and passenger cars, with the season set as winter and the weather snowy, but when I turn steam heat on for the first time, the following happens:

1. The HUD displays "NaN" for multiple parameters, including boiler pressure and steam usage,
2. Smoke and steam effects do not display, and
3. When I open the throttle, even after the brakes are released, the train immobilized, unable to move

Even when I turn the steam heat off, these parameters stay at "NaN" for the rest of my activity.

https://i.ibb.co/GVhTs9B/Open-Rails-2020-04-01-04-40-19.png

(EDIT: 1. Even after updating to the 3/29 version I still get these errors, 2. The steam heat function was not originally on midneguy's CB&Q Ten Wheelers, it was something I added to the engine myself at a later date)

#2 User is offline   steamer_ctn 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 06 April 2020 - 09:35 PM

To attempt to identify the issue, can you try the following steps?

i) Ensure that you have the latest Unstable version installed (please confirm version number).

ii) Download the V2 locomotive, and Mk1 Cars from my CTN site. Try using them instead of the CB&Q steam engines and passenger cars. Do you get the same result when using this stock?

iii) If they appear to work ok, then do a comparison between the ENG files for the two locomotives. Any significant differences between the two? See also this page, if you haven't already.

If you can't identify any obvious issues after following the above steps, then let me know, and we can work out how to look into the issue further.

Thanks

#3 User is offline   Traindude 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 08 April 2020 - 01:57 PM

View Poststeamer_ctn, on 06 April 2020 - 09:35 PM, said:

To attempt to identify the issue, can you try the following steps?

i) Ensure that you have the latest Unstable version installed (please confirm version number).

ii) Download the V2 locomotive, and Mk1 Cars from my CTN site. Try using them instead of the CB&Q steam engines and passenger cars. Do you get the same result when using this stock?

iii) If they appear to work ok, then do a comparison between the ENG files for the two locomotives. Any significant differences between the two? See also this page, if you haven't already.

If you can't identify any obvious issues after following the above steps, then let me know, and we can work out how to look into the issue further.

Thanks

1. Yes, I have updated to the latest unstable version.

2. I did the same thing with the V2 and Mk1 coaches and had no issues short of having to use more throttle to get moving than on a clear summer day. Incidentally, I noticed that the MK1's had heating hose effects defined in the wag file, but they are only visible if I use the 10203 diesel. (When using the V2, only the tender heating hose effect is visible, the coaches don't emit steam like they do with the 10203)

3. The only changes I made to the CBQ engine file was adding cylinders2, compressor and generator emitters and putting the max steam heating parameter in the file. Everything seemed to be spelt correctly when comparing the CBQ and V2 engine files, but I still get this problem when turning the steam heat on in the CBQ engine.

#4 User is offline   steamer_ctn 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 08 April 2020 - 08:49 PM

View PostTraindude, on 08 April 2020 - 01:57 PM, said:

2. I did the same thing with the V2 and Mk1 coaches and had no issues short of having to use more throttle to get moving than on a clear summer day. Incidentally, I noticed that the MK1's had heating hose effects defined in the wag file, but they are only visible if I use the 10203 diesel. (When using the V2, only the tender heating hose effect is visible, the coaches don't emit steam like they do with the 10203)
That is interesting as the effects appear for me between the cars with the V2. They will only appear if steam heating is turned on, which should be the case with the V2 when OR initially starts.

View PostTraindude, on 08 April 2020 - 01:57 PM, said:

3. The only changes I made to the CBQ engine file was adding cylinders2, compressor and generator emitters and putting the max steam heating parameter in the file. Everything seemed to be spelt correctly when comparing the CBQ and V2 engine files, but I still get this problem when turning the steam heat on in the CBQ engine.

Send me the ENG file that you have set up and I will have a quick look at it.

Thanks

#5 User is offline   steamer_ctn 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 23 April 2020 - 04:28 AM

Hopefully the latest unstable version should now fix this issue.

Please confirm?

I am also rewriting the car heating model as well to make it more sophisticated (WIP).

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users