• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

$triggers in timetable sets Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Gro.Bi 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 07 February 2019 - 11:58 AM

I’m looking for information how to use $triggers command in timetable sets. I believe I have read about it recently but unfortunately can’t find that information again.

Regards, Gro.Bi

#2 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 07 February 2019 - 12:24 PM

With $trigger you can change the consist of a train when it forms into another train.
The $trigger command must be defined in the #dispose field, and looks like $trigger=<newtrain> (with <newtrain> the name of the formed train). When the train terminates, it will form into <newtrain> and will use the consist as defined for that train.
It is related to the $forms command, but $forms will keep the existing consist and will disregard the consist definition for the new train.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

#3 User is offline   Gro.Bi 

• Fireman

Posted 08 February 2019 - 09:32 AM

$triggers and $forms already works fine in some of my timetable sets, but only if the referenced train is within the same timetable. If a train to be triggered is in another timetable of the timetable set, $triggers don't work. May be the $triggers command needs to be extended, e.g. $triggers=<train> /<name of timetable> ? I can't find this information anymore. Eventually I remember wrong and $triggers and $forms is not possible in different timetables of a timetable set?

Regards,
Gro.Bi

#4 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President

Posted 08 February 2019 - 10:20 AM

Reference to trains in other timetables is standard for all commands ($forms, $triggers, $wait etc.) : <train>:<timetable>

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

#5 User is offline   Gro.Bi 

• Fireman

Posted 09 February 2019 - 01:43 AM

Reference to trains in other timetables is standard for all commands ($forms, $triggers, $wait etc.) : <train>:<timetable>

Thanks,
Gro.Bi

#6 User is offline   LeoGarcia 

• Hostler

Posted 10 February 2019 - 06:13 AM

Today, I create two trains-columns. The second train is created when past a minute from first train was disappeared.

Whats is the difference between my method and use $forms or $trigged?

Thanks!!

#7 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President

Posted 10 February 2019 - 04:37 PM

View PostLeoGarcia, on 10 February 2019 - 06:13 AM, said:

Today, I create two trains-columns. The second train is created when past a minute from first tres was disappeared.

Whats is the difference between my method and use $forms or $trigged?

Thanks!!

Quite a few differences.
When using $forms :
  • The train will continue to occupy the track, thus not allowing any other trains to access that track.
    There is no limit for the time interval to the start time of the new train so the train may occupy a platform or a siding for a very long time, e.g. a train which sits in a siding between morning and evening rushhours.
  • The train will continue with the consists as it was when it arrived. It will disregard any consist definition set for the new train.
  • When the train arrives late, it will still form the new train - which therefor may actually have a late start.
    A formed train will not start before the train out of which it is formed has arrived, not even if it is the player train.
  • When the train is the player train, the player will continue with the new train. It is as if the trains were defined as a single train.
  • When forming a new train, the train may detach part of the train, may pickup a static train or may transfer wagons to or from another train.

None of this is possible with just terminating a train and starting another a bit later.

The $trigger command is mostly the same as $forms except for the second point above: the consist is changed as defined for the new train.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users