Elvas Tower: When It All Comes Together - Elvas Tower

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

When It All Comes Together Monodgame ORTS - ReShade - Textures Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   scottb613 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 21 January 2019 - 04:27 AM

Hi Carlo,

Great - I'll download it for next weekend when I get in...

:sign_thanks:

Regards,
Scott

#12 User is offline   conductorchris 

• Vice President
  • Simulator:Open Rails - MSTS

Posted 21 January 2019 - 05:54 AM

You know Scott (and all), I think there is a marketing aspect here. With open rails moving to monogame, I think it is time to start calling it OpenRails 2.0 And I think it is time to set some standards for content that is at 2.0 levels. Give us something to shoot for. And also a way to distinguish between what is current and at high standards and the legacy content so they legacy content does not define open rails but is recognized as an added bonus.

At some future point when there are open rails file standards, then it will become open rails 3.0 . . .

Christopher

#13 User is offline   scottb613 

• Vice President

Posted 21 January 2019 - 10:05 AM

Hi Christopher,

Sounds good to me - when we finally cut to Monogame - maybe they could call it ORTS 2.0... I've got no say - though - really up to the development team with the vested interest...

Regards,
Scott

#14 User is offline   ErickC 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 21 January 2019 - 11:12 AM

What would constitute "standards," though? Are we talking adherence to AAR standards? Most of us already follow those these days. That is, where MSTS content was really inconsistent about things like coupler height and size and whatnot, since about 2009 or so, most of us seem to have it close enough that our couplers mate pretty well. Granted, some of us model things like hoses differently. I model them so that they form a continuous pipe, and have used the exact same hose height since 2005 or so, but others don't.

I mean, 44KHz as an audio standard would be good, unless the content of the clip is below the relevant Nyquist frequency for 22KHz or 11.5KHz.

#15 User is offline   shadowmane 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 21 January 2019 - 11:39 AM

It would be nice if we could change the engine sounds. Something like a single piston stoke (for steam engines) that increases in speed and decreases in length the faster it goes. Sometimes the sounds now are hit and miss, depending on what you're using.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users