• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Please remove linefeed at bottom of .trk file Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 13 May 2018 - 12:44 AM

Hi Goku,
I believe of having out that .trk files generated by TSRE5 have an empty line at their bottom (differently from MSTS). This prevents the include mechanism of OR to work. Please remove this last empty line (see here http://www.elvastowe...post__p__236692 )

#2 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:my own

Posted 13 May 2018 - 06:51 AM

It can be changed in the future ..
but is it a problem? Routes created using TSRE doesn't work in MSTS, so no need for using separate include files for OR features.

#3 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:ORTS_Running MSTS_Editing

Posted 13 May 2018 - 08:04 AM

View PostGoku, on 13 May 2018 - 06:51 AM, said:

It can be changed in the future ..
but is it a problem? Routes created using TSRE doesn't work in MSTS, so no need for using separate include files for OR features.

Hi Goku,
Yes, it's a problem when an existing route like the PRR East and the Long Island Rail Road initially built with MSRE are upgraded with TSRE. Now the PRR East will not run under MSTS so it's a moot point there but the LIRR will run under MSTS and the blank last line in the LIRR.trk file will prevent turntable operation.
These are the two active examples of a blank line following the closing parenthesis of the *.trk file that prevents turntable operation in existing routes.

No hurry-up priority needed on this one as we can make it clear in the instructions to remove the blank line. That's all I did and everything related to the 42 meter turntable worked as it should.

http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/offtopic.gifAny chance of seeing gradient panel information for Dynamic Track as is shown for regular track sections?

And thank you for putting the 'Step' setting in there for track, a real gem for making exact fine movements! . . . one thing though is the step carries over into all object movements. That's okay but I suggest there should be a way to change step value without having to select a track section to do it. Again, a low priority problem.http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/wheelchair.gif

Thanks for your work on TSRE. It has enabled me and many others to dip into building routes again without the horrible pitfalls of the MSRE
.http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/sign_thank_you.gif

Best regards,
vince

#4 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:my own

Posted 13 May 2018 - 08:08 AM

Yes, it's a problem when an existing route like the PRR East and the Long Island Rail Road initially built with MSRE are upgraded with TSRE. Now the PRR East will not run under MSTS so it's a moot point there but the LIRR will run under MSTS and the blank last line in the LIRR.trk file will prevent turntable operation.

TSRE does not edit existing .trk files if you don't edit route settings.

#5 User is offline   Jovet 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:MSTS/Open Rails

Posted 17 May 2018 - 03:52 AM

Extra white space should never EVER matter in an MSTS or OR file. Ever. If it matters somewhere, that is a bug.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users