• You cannot reply to this topic

Switch Linking aka Turnout Linking Question on linking Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:ORTS_Running MSTS_Editing

Posted 21 January 2018 - 05:10 PM

Hello all,
I'm looking for some signal expertise . . . http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/book2.gif
I'm deep into signalling the PRR Zoo Interlocking and I have three questions;

When linking a signal to a switch exit is it ok to skip over a JunctionNode (Red Pole)? I'll attempt to illustrate.

___=>TTT=>___<S____/a___________\b___________\c________<SS>________~ 1/2 mile to next signal

++Train runs left to right. Switch /a is a divirge, switches \b & \c are trailing point.
Linking for route path shown above works for both a====>b or b====>c.

++ My two questions are 'Does linking /a to \b provide protection for the following junction at \c?

++ Or does linking junction /a to junction \c the proper way to set this link?

As I remember I'm supposed to "link to the switch exit" but here if I do that, linking /a to \b, There's the question of protecting the following trailing point junction at \c.
Or I could be taking the instruction 'link to switch exit" too literally. . . http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/umnik.gif

Yes, linking \b to \c is actually linking \c TO \b because switch \c has the only "switch exit" that exists between these two switches!
A junction following signal <SS> on the train path is about a 1/2 mile away.

regards,
vince
PRR Eastern Region Philadelphia Zoo Interlocking tile object count is presently 4,186 and counting.http://www.elvastower.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/jawdrop2.gifv.

#2 User is offline   ebnertra000 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:OR/TSRE

Posted 21 January 2018 - 05:22 PM

Vince,

Could you draw up some diagram, or something like that? I'm not sure if I know what you mean, but I think I've got it. If you're asking whether you can link a track if there's a switch intervening, I've never had any trouble with that

#3 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:ORTS_Running MSTS_Editing

Posted 21 January 2018 - 06:13 PM

View Postebnertra000, on 21 January 2018 - 05:22 PM, said:

Vince, Could you draw up some diagram, or something like that? I'm not sure if I know what you mean, but I think I've got it. If you're asking whether you can link a track if there's a switch intervening, I've never had any trouble with that

I'm not having trouble as I am able to set the links as illustrated in the post, fifth line down from the top.

The 'known' instruction to 'link to switch exit' I suppose could mean 'any exit you can find' that leads away from the first switch in the diagram, that being switch /a. The forward slash '/' denotes a switch that divirges to the left.
The backward slashes '\' denote two trailing point switches.

I hope I've cleared up any confusion over what I asked. Thanks for the reply.

regards,
vince

#4 User is offline   ebnertra000 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:OR/TSRE

Posted 21 January 2018 - 07:07 PM

It should be fine linking from A to B. If something is at C, or even something between the signal and switch A (hypothetically), it would be visible to that signal and would prompt the signal to protect it

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users