Elvas Tower: Is there a way to build/make routes for open rails if MSTS doesn't load? - Elvas Tower

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Is there a way to build/make routes for open rails if MSTS doesn't load? Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:ORTS_Running MSTS_Editing

Posted 19 November 2017 - 08:47 PM

Hi JJ,

Welcome to route building. All you questions are answered here: http://www.elvastowe...for-open-rails/
As you arre starting out with TSRE (a marvelous new editor btw) it may help if you skim through the threads amd to answer your question, yes lots of new things possible with the new editor, pasting maps is one of them. A new activity editor is now included.
I'm 'exercising'** the new editor by a complete re-lay of all track in the Philadelphia Terminal Area . . . 'bout six tiles worth of rail . . .and the new editor is performing very well, >1% crash rate mostly due to my mis-handling. correction: 2-3 crashes in the last 3 months. Same reason; me.

I hated the MSTS editor building the nec4 route. This new editor is sooo much better that the old dead (wont run on my machine either) editor.
RIP Kuju Kode even tho' you treated us like an evil tyrant causing much distress over your reign.

regards,
vince

**actually the best possible training for me as the biggest problem I had with TSRE was learning the difference in the editing controls, things as simple as flipping a curve, T in msts is now X in TSRE. Alll learned now but there are still features I have not tried.
Be sure to download and study the manual. important for previous MSTS users like me. vc

edit: corrected editor crash info. v

#12 User is offline   Garry 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails + TSRE5

Posted 20 November 2017 - 04:34 AM

Hi Jay
As Vince says, probably everything you need to know is somewhere in the thread if you follow his link. The problem is that there are currently 180 pages of this thread.
So go up a level
http://www.elvastowe...iting-software/
You will find 180 pages of "New Route Editor for Open Rails"
But follow this and each of the other threads as they are added to and you should soon get the hang of things.
In answer to your maps/height query, look at the thread "Load Map and Load height don't work in TSRE5"
Garry

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users