Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Etcs Gauge Rate Topic: -----

#1 Inactive_Gabriele90_*

• Group: Status: Passengers (Obsolete)

Posted 19 October 2017 - 12:19 PM

Hi everyone!
I'm working on cab for an high speed train and i've inserted in the .cvf file the code to activate ETCS Gauge.
During the test i notice that when i exceed the speed limit dial becomes red with white numbers. I know that in real ETCS gauge when you exceed speed limits dial becomes orange with black numbers.
I'd like to know if there is a method to obtain orange dial instead of red.
Thanks

Gabriele

#2 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 19 October 2017 - 12:55 PM

The OR code says that colors are accordingly to ETCS specification; referring to dial colors, color becomes orange in a warning situation, and red in an intervention situation. Referring to number colors, color becomes black in a warning situation, and white in an intervention situation.

The definition of what is warning and what is intervention is in the default script that OR uses. Here the related lines of code:
 if (SpeedMpS() > CurrentSpeedLimitMpS)
                {
                    if (OverspeedMonitor != null && (OverspeedMonitor.AppliesEmergencyBrake || OverspeedMonitor.AppliesFullBrake))
                        Status = MonitoringStatus.Intervention;
                    else
                        Status = MonitoringStatus.Warning;

If you want to change these conditions you have to write your own script. This is possible (someone has done that) but not at all easy neither documented.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users