Elvas Tower: Trainbrakelever & Enginebrakelever sounds - Elvas Tower

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Trainbrakelever & Enginebrakelever sounds Increase & Descrease soundtriggers need Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Stijn D.C. 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 31 July 2017 - 05:58 AM

Hello,

Problem: i have a "PBL" brakelever that make a sound when you increase the brake, and other sound when you decrease the lever

same with enginebrake.

For moment we have trigger 17 and 18, but that trigger works for both ways :-(, i can use this triggernumbers for this.

I use triggernumbers 21/22 & 14/54 now, but that is no good solution. becauze the time between lever sound and airsound is same now.

Triggers for:

• Trainbrakelever increase
  • Trainbrakelever decrease
  • Enginebrakelever increase
  • Enginebrakelever decrease

Are solution for this problem, but usefull for all levers that have on or off sound ;-)

https://www.youtube....h?v=u_Tw8l6ebls

P.S. I set in my engineering that trains are in brakelever position 0.9 (contin. service) if you start game the sound of triggers 14/54 en 21/22 run.

i think it comes becauze game is load and you see cabview, that OR than make the controls in postion of engineering ?

In advance thanks

#2 User is offline   ErickC 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 31 July 2017 - 12:34 PM

Supposedly the new OR-only triggers 139-143 are for this purpose.

EDIT: just tried it for brake pipe sounds and it works like a champ!

Stream (
				Skip ( Brake pipe )
				Priority ( 6 )
				Triggers ( 6
					Discrete_Trigger (  141	StartLoopRelease ( 1	File ( "insert sound file here" -1 )	SelectionMethod ( SequentialSelection ) ) )
					Discrete_Trigger (  142	StartLoopRelease ( 1	File ( "insert sound file here" -1 )	SelectionMethod ( SequentialSelection ) ) )
					Discrete_Trigger (  143	ReleaseLoopRelease () )
				)
			)

#3 User is offline   Stijn D.C. 

• Engineer

Posted 31 July 2017 - 01:10 PM

Hello,

Yes, page 189 on manual.pdf, but that is for the airsound

you have trains that brake with "impuls" like PBL brake and brakelevers (Oerlikon) with steps, or brakelever like westinghouse that you must return the brakelever

to hold position. So long you dont do that the airpressure bleed, and that gives a continious sound.

Like it is explain in the table it is for that. in combination with "BrakeCyl" explain on page 189 too 13.2.3

In normal case you touch brakelever handle and hear noise of that, than folow the airsounds.

Trigger 145/146/147/148 can be reserved for this if there is agreement with ORTS team.

Greetz,

#4 User is offline   Stijn D.C. 

• Engineer

Posted 22 September 2017 - 08:13 AM

Hello,

I have made a fix on the code that i use for personal use, and i have what i whant in case trainbrakesounds

a increase (144) & decrease (145) sound, it was not difficult:

Events.cs:

section 1:

TrainBrakeChangeIncrease,
TrainBrakeChangeDecrease,

section 2:

case 144: return Event.TrainBrakeChangeIncrease;
case 145: return Event.TrainBrakeChangeDecrease;

MSTSLocomotive.cs: ADDED code in RED

public void StartTrainBrakeIncrease(float? target)
{
if (CombinedControlType == CombinedControl.ThrottleAir)
ThrottleController.SetValue(0);

TrainBrakeController.StartIncrease(target);
TrainBrakeController.CommandStartTime = Simulator.ClockTime;
Simulator.Confirmer.Confirm(CabControl.TrainBrake, CabSetting.Increase, GetTrainBrakeStatus());
SignalEvent(Event.TrainBrakeChange); SignalEvent(Event.TrainBrakeChangeIncrease);
}

public void StopTrainBrakeIncrease()
{

TrainBrakeController.StopIncrease();
new TrainBrakeCommand(Simulator.Log, true, TrainBrakeController.CurrentValue, TrainBrakeController.CommandStartTime);
}

public void StartTrainBrakeDecrease(float? target, bool toZero = false)
{

TrainBrakeController.StartDecrease(target, toZero);
TrainBrakeController.CommandStartTime = Simulator.ClockTime;
Simulator.Confirmer.Confirm(CabControl.TrainBrake, CabSetting.Decrease, GetTrainBrakeStatus());
SignalEvent(Event.TrainBrakeChange); SignalEvent(Event.TrainBrakeChangeDecrease);
}

public void StopTrainBrakeDecrease()
{

TrainBrakeController.StopDecrease();
new TrainBrakeCommand(Simulator.Log, false, TrainBrakeController.CurrentValue, TrainBrakeController.CommandStartTime);
}

I have test this with Belgian train that have "PBL" brakelever & use PBL2 .cs script of Serana & it now the sounds of lever are played correctly.

#5 User is offline   Stijn D.C. 

• Engineer

Posted 15 July 2018 - 03:48 AM

Here is a movie how it works today (PBL lever) and it works fine now:

https://youtu.be/GShUo5RRe9A

It works now better than in older posts on this topic, becauze i have give soundstream on "Stop" postions of train and enginelevers.

#6 User is offline   ErickC 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 15 July 2018 - 05:20 PM

Interesting. I am curious, there are a few triggers and variables that would greatly enhance our ability to create audio for the sim, would you be interested in creating any of these?

-A trigger for an emergency brake application
-A variable for traction motor amps (traction motor volume should vary by load)
-A variable for diesel exhaust flow (basically turning the visible exhaust values into something that can be used to control exhaust volume, with white exhaust at 0, change up exhaust at 1, and steady state exhaust in between, depending on engine speed)

It would also be handy if we could specify a separate SMS file for each ORTS diesel engine on a locomotive to avoid phase smear on multiple-engine locomotives (E-units, DD units, and so on). We could use a separate SMS for each engine, with the second SMS using phase-shifted audio (and lacking brake and other sounds). It would also be useful for turbochargers - one could specify the core engine as one diesel engine, the turbocharger as the second, with the combined output equaling the total nominal output of the engine. The core engine would reference an SMS that has the core engine sounds, and the turbocharger would reference an SMS that has turbocharger sounds. In this way, we could easily emulate turbo lag in terms of physics and audio.

#7 User is offline   Stijn D.C. 

• Engineer

Posted 23 July 2018 - 04:19 PM

It is the target that so much of my idea's go to official version of ORTS, first case al what is world relevant.

Who will implate my code changes to actual X versions with permission of ORTS management is welcome.

Some other things like immobilisationbrake... works for moment only cabview and sound related, it is target to let make it hardware worked to train too, for that i need help of c# professionals.

i have try to make wheelsliplight if 1 loc of train slips, it is not be ok to good result :-(

try to give sound on emergencylever/button, fails too :-(

emergencysound i have look for that too, but too difficult for me to find right section. emergencysound of air wil be great too.

Handbrakes need soundtrigger for cabview/external too.

I have add a emergencylight button too on my personal code, but this must be works too with penaltylights.

On my personal code i have cabview and sound animation for trainheating/airco,manual ventilation, cabineclimatisationsound, cabsignalmasks... too

That makes for me simulation more realistic. More fun to enjoy ORTS too :-)

And last but no last, the cabinepowerkey, it is nice for moment to make with 1 key youre cabview from cold and dark to "active"

For moment i make fiches/cards on PDF files that explain my idea, what is need for implate (cabview, sound...) , and what is must be do to make hardware functional.

Cabinepowerkey is not onley cabview and sound but if key is not to "on" postion, train must have air to brakes, blockations of some controls...

With a c# professional on my side this can be realised, we see what future brings. I have send PM to James Ross to talk about give my code and testprogram with testtrains too.

for see what they can take to offcial ORTS... how more how better. + updater of X versions has need fix too, i dont understand why it stay like now

I believe in OpenRails, i believe in bigger concuration of ORTS with ts2018 :-)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users