• You cannot reply to this topic

Mainreservoir (needle)leak by using sander Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   Stijn D.C. 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 28 July 2017 - 01:15 AM

Yes,

There was 3 locomotives on that consist, 1 locomotive was placed on wagon (UM toggle)

If you place in real a locomotive on wagonmodus, compressors no working, and braking is like a normal wagon too.

#12 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 28 July 2017 - 03:45 AM

View PostStijn D.C., on 28 July 2017 - 01:15 AM, said:

Yes,

There was 3 locomotives on that consist, 1 locomotive was placed on wagon (UM toggle)

If you place in real a locomotive on wagonmodus, compressors no working, and braking is like a normal wagon too.

Okay, in the real world, the compressor will still pump the air from 80PSI to 129.6 PSI, once that engine is attached.

In OR, i don't think you can have a static engine that has the main reservoir pressure that starts below the MaxAirPressure.

Most locos these days have a seperate tank and pipe for main reservoir. In the UK, the main reservoir tank is charged to 140PSI, the compressor cuts in at 118PSI, but the main reservoir pipe is charged at a max of 100 PSI from the main reservoir tank. In OR, you cannot have both. There is MSTS parameter called "AirBrakeMaxMainResPipePressure" but i don't think this works in OR.

In OR, if i have a engine that has a max main reservoir of 140PSI( class 47 ) but i attached to an engine that only as a max main reservoir pressure of 100PSI( Class 33), then the sander bug will occur as the 140PSI loco will overcharged the 100PSI loco to 140PSI. In reverse, the 100PSI loco automatically charges to 140 PSI, once attached even with no pipes connected ??.

In the real word, the 140PSI loco main reservoir tank, will charge the main reservoir pipe constantly at 100PSI throughout the train, so i doubt if the compressors would cut in(85PSI) on the other loco. That does need confirmation!

Thanks

#13 User is offline   Stijn D.C. 

• Engineer
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:30 AM

Coolhand in the past you have give me that tip for place a "-" before the value of compressorrestartpressure.

If ORTS can command this automatic to every locomotiver or cabcar that is placed, UM "Off" compressor gonna dont working.

I mean that it so must be, if the user place with F9 menu a locomotive or cabcarwagon (everything with .eng file) on UM off, that ORTS

automatic let compressor not run , with place automatic that "-" before.

And honestly, as engineers we want to know what MSTS commands working in ORTS and what not.

easy way for do that, is have 3 complete .eng and .wag file in handbook of ORTS with text in normal black if it is implated and red if it dont exists.

But my opinian is, if ORTS go for MSTS compatiblity, That every MSTS command of eng & wag files works too.

The issue that we have now can we solve to give every train give same value of AirBrakesMainMaxAirPressure

I try to contact my traindriverfriends in different country's to know how AirBrakesMainMaxAirPressure in real and on different machines.

With holidays it is no easy ;-)

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users