• You cannot reply to this topic

TGV Signaling MSTS aka ORTS Cabsignal jumps everytime Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Stijn D.C. 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 11 July 2017 - 04:39 AM

Hello,

On High speed routes i have a problem (It is more than on 1 route), normal i drive on this routes with a TCS script. For testing i have disable TCS scripts

and remove the commands out of .ENG files, the result is the same. The cabsignal Switch constantley, what makes it difficult to driving 300km/h or 320km/h on constant regime. .

If i drive 300 km/h next signal let me slow down to 270 and sometimes 230 km/h too. So go this every 5 minutes :-(

In MSTS this was not been happend, exept when you must take a switch or when it was programmed in activity. But in MSTS was not the real signal block system like in ORTS.

I dont know what todo, is it ORTS, is it a bug..., Must the signalscript of highspeed signals changed to work with ORTS for solve this problem? I dont know :-(

#2 User is offline   eric from trainsim 

• Waste Disposal Engineer
  • Group: Private - Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 11 July 2017 - 05:51 AM

You might need to look at sigcfg.dat and see what values are present for SignalNumClearAhead().

If the values are set too high low, you might see the restricting behavior you're describing.

#3 User is offline   Stijn D.C. 

• Engineer

Posted 11 July 2017 - 05:58 AM

Hello,

I show what i found ;-):

2 - 1 - 4 - 6 - 5 - 4 - 3 - 4 - 3 - 4 - 2 - 4

Greetz,

#4 User is online   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 11 July 2017 - 07:20 AM

Hi Stjin, you find the needed info about SignalNumClearAhead in 10.14 of the manual. Only, I'd correct eolesen's wording: If the values are set too SMALL, you might see the restricting behavior you're describing.

#5 User is offline   Stijn D.C. 

• Engineer

Posted 11 July 2017 - 07:30 AM

Hello,

With the tip of SignalNumClearAhead i was gonna look in the manual of ORTS and indeed on page 140 (10.14.3) i found a paraggraph to

use 0 or -1.

I have copy the 2 signal files to "OpenRails" map, where .trk of Openrails was still active (Curve en swithsound...).

Than have use -1 on all TGV signals & save. By first testdrive it look be solved with this numberchange.

The signal system is TVM300 & TVM430. I need to test this now with FRANCE.TCS script of Serana too.

I hope "-1" is good value for this.

Thanks for the information ;-)

#6 User is offline   eugenR 

• Conductor
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 11 July 2017 - 01:06 PM

View PostStijn D.C., on 11 July 2017 - 05:58 AM, said:

Hello,
I show what i found ;-):
2 - 1 - 4 - 6 - 5 - 4 - 3 - 4 - 3 - 4 - 2 - 4
Greetz,

I doesn't know when OR will stop to clear Signal (until the End of the route?) if you use SCNA -1 for all signaltypes?

The Difference between MSTS and OR is:
MSTS use the highest Value of SignalNumCleadAhead (SNCA) found by SignalType NORMAL for all signals of the Route. In Your case the higest Value is 6, if this is a signaltype NORMAL.
OR use the individual Values of SNCA for the Signaltypes

You can Enter for all signaltype a line
SignalnumClearAhead ( 6 ) bevor the existing lines.
So OR will use this first line, MSTS the second line. So you will not have an influence of the modification by using MSTS.

#7 User is offline   Stijn D.C. 

• Engineer

Posted 12 July 2017 - 01:39 AM

Hello Eugen,

If you need a ORTS signal script and make a copy of signalscripts (2 files) and place with ORTS changes in ROUTES\ROUTEMAP\OpenRails\

MSTS stay read the old files in de root of routemap, ORTS gonna read the files in subroot "OpenRails"

In subroot OpenRails i have now 3 files

* .trk (with data for use switch & curvesounds & other ORTS stuff + with other load.ace with OpenRails logo let see the differences...
* sigcfg.dat
* sigscr.dat

I have drive without & with a TCS script (France.tcs) and it is back nice to reach full speed :-)

In the manual.pdf of ORTS stay -1 or use 0 i have use only -1 by TGV signals, the other classic line signals have his MSTS number.

the manual let believe me that i must choose between -1 or 0, is that correct?

#8 User is offline   eugenR 

• Conductor

Posted 12 July 2017 - 10:47 AM

View PostStijn D.C., on 12 July 2017 - 01:39 AM, said:

Hello Eugen,

If you need a ORTS signal script and make a copy of signalscripts (2 files) and place with ORTS changes in ROUTES\ROUTEMAP\OpenRails\

MSTS stay read the old files in de root of routemap, ORTS gonna read the files in subroot "OpenRails"

In subroot OpenRails i have now 3 files

* .trk (with data for use switch & curvesounds & other ORTS stuff + with other load.ace with OpenRails logo let see the differences...
* sigcfg.dat
* sigscr.dat

I have drive without & with a TCS script (France.tcs) and it is back nice to reach full speed :-)

In the manual.pdf of ORTS stay -1 or use 0 i have use only -1 by TGV signals, the other classic line signals have his MSTS number.

the manual let believe me that i must choose between -1 or 0, is that correct?

Hi Stijn D.C.
The Signalfiles in a Folder OpenRails is OK, so you don't need two lines SNCA in the Signaltype. OR read this files and MSTS read the files in the Route Folder.

SNCA (-1) and ( 0 ) are two supplementary values SNCA() for OR.
SNCA ( -1 )If you pass a signal with as example SNCA(2) if the next signal has -1 it doesn't count and OR is opening one signaltype NORMAL more then given in SNCA here OR will open 3 Signals.
SNCA ( 0 ) no further signal will be opened until the train has passed this signal.

As this are supplementary Values, you can use all other positive values as for MSTS. Only please have a look on my previous post with the different use of SNCA in MSTS and OR

10.14.3 OR-unique values doen't mean, this are the unique values for OR, it mean, this values are only for OR and not for use MSRS.
Regards
EugenR

#9 User is offline   eugenR 

• Conductor

Posted 12 July 2017 - 11:07 PM

View PosteugenR, on 12 July 2017 - 10:47 AM, said:

10.14.3 OR-unique values doen't mean, this are the unique values for OR, it mean, this values are only for OR and not for use MSRS.
Regards
EugenR

Hi Stijn D.C.
German Manual of release 1.2. here:
http://www.tssf.eu/f...p?topic=11072.0

Regards
EugenR

#10 User is offline   Stijn D.C. 

• Engineer

Posted 13 July 2017 - 09:23 AM

View PosteugenR, on 12 July 2017 - 11:07 PM, said:

Hi Stijn D.C.
German Manual of release 1.2. here:
http://www.tssf.eu/f...p?topic=11072.0

Regards
EugenR

Thanks, but i download Always the actual English version on: http://www.openrails...-and-tutorials/

Is the German version only translated version or differtent information?

Greetz,

Stijn

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users