Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Drilling and refilling holes Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 22 May 2017 - 07:44 AM

I got some help requests by people using TSRE5 that have difficulties in drilling small holes and refilling holes.
So I had a trial with a 1-tile route and drilled some random hole.
Here the result:
Attached File  Holes.jpg (447.34K)
Number of downloads: 2
Here you see white squares of two different dimensions (and some composite patterns).
1) The fact that I get a small square (the diagonal ones) or a big square ( the "horizontal" ones) seems to be fully casual. How can I decide that my hole will be "big" or "small"?
2) Is it possible to get a hole that is 1/4 of the small square, that is a small triangular hole?
3) I read in another post that to refill the hole there is a "Remove All Gaps" command. I couldn't find it.

Moreover I have a suggestion for a small additional feature: Adding in the "Route Settings" window a button that inputs as "Start Tile" (number and position within tile) the actual position of TSRE5.

#2 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:my own

Posted 22 May 2017 - 08:03 AM

View PostCsantucci, on 22 May 2017 - 07:44 AM, said:

1) The fact that I get a small square (the diagonal ones) or a big square ( the "horizontal" ones) seems to be fully casual. How can I decide that my hole will be "big" or "small"?

Here is how MSTS holes works:
1. In _f.raw you have specifed if one vertex is visible or hidden.
2. If at least one vertex of a triangle is hidden, the triangle is also hidden.
3. So, there are two possible solutions: A-B or C-D:

http://i.imgur.com/EUlVjxo.png

2) How can I get a hole that is 1/4 of the small square, that is a small triangular hole?

It is not possible in MSTS file format, because _f.raw file contains vertex flags, not triangle flags. Vertex is shared between 4 or 8 traingles.

3) I read in another post that to refill the hole there is a "Remove All Gaps" command. I couldn't find it.

Select terrain path with hole you want to fill, and in the left properties tab, click "Remove All Gaps".

Moreover I have a suggestion for a small additional feature: Adding in the "Route Settings" window a button that inputs as "Start Tile" (number and position within tile) the actual position of TSRE5.

Good idea.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users