Elvas Tower: Proposal to introduce new signalling functions - Elvas Tower

Posting Rules

All new threads will be started by members of the Open Rails team, Staff, and/or Admins. Existing threads started in other forums may get moved here when it makes sense to do so.

Once a thread is started any member may post replies to it.
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Proposal to introduce new signalling functions Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 07 March 2017 - 03:45 AM

The blueprint linked below proposes the introduction of a series of new signal script functions.
Some of these functions are related to the other proposal on new signal functions, e.g. to set or access signal variables.
Other functions are extentions or variations of existing functions.

Blueprint : Additional signal script functions

Full details of all functions will be included in the manual. When these details are available I will add the document to this thread.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

#2 User is offline   VicenteIR 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 25 April 2017 - 03:28 AM

Blueprint information

Beta Available

Does that mean that the functions are availables for testing in some version?

#3 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President

Posted 25 April 2017 - 11:36 AM

Hmm - kind off - but it's implemented in my own, private version. I set 'beta available' to indicate that it's not something which still has to started from scratch, but it has been coded and is actually up and running - and has been for some time.

There's good progress in transferring the updates to the 'official' version and it should not be too long before the release is available.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

#4 User is offline   VicenteIR 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 25 April 2017 - 01:09 PM

Thank you for the answer. One more question: A function that I would like to test first is train_requires_next_signal (sigid, position). I'm interested in what happens when AI path has a reversal point. For example,the AI stops at the last stop before returning back. In activity mode the reversal point is set after platform. While the train considers stop time, both exit signals in two directions are not enabled until the time of departure arrives :rolleyes: . Will this function already "know" that "the route extends beyond the required signal" for back running ?

Regards, Oleg

#5 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President

Posted 01 May 2017 - 06:43 AM

No, that's not how this function can be used.
The problem with reversals at stations is that the program first completes one task - station stop - before it turns its attention to the next one - the reversal.
The function train_requires_next_signal is intended to enable to distinguish between a 'main' route set (upto or beyond the next main signal), or a 'shunt' route which terminates short of that signal, such that the appropriate aspect can be shown - many countries have specific additional aspects for such shunt routes.

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users