• You cannot reply to this topic

Display of xyz values Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

• Owner Emeritus and Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 05 February 2017 - 05:32 PM

I noticed today the display of xyz values are usually rounded up or down to one decimal place. Please change this to show what is actually present in the world file. If that proves to be too long then two or three decimal places shown without rounding.

Thank you.

#2 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:my own

Posted 05 February 2017 - 05:53 PM

I can't see any rounding. Where you see it?

#3 User is offline   Genma Saotome 

• Owner Emeritus and Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 05 February 2017 - 09:10 PM

In the position data over on the left.

On many occasions I have a need to do a shape file substitution (often track or roads and so it is very important not to change the Uid() value when doing so) and the easiest way has been to open the world file in an editor and find the original shape using the X or Y value to search the world file. I see now that you also show the UiD() value and so I can use that instead to do my search.

But the rounding does prompt me to ask: If I were to alter something about the shape, such as turn on the terrain object flag, when the data is written to the world file is it only the part that was changed or do you over-write the entire UiD() statement -- using the rounded values? I'd be concerned about that rounding if it made its way back to the file as an exact match is required for the proper placement of berms and/or road crossing materials set into the pacement.

Something else... it might be helpful to your users to make a slight change in the appearance of the cursor... one way when it is for select and a different way for when it is place new object. It's not much but always flicking ones eyes over to the far right to see which is on feels distracting. Even a change of color would be sufficient.

#4 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:my own

Posted 05 February 2017 - 09:35 PM

OK. Pisition form in properties window sometimes shows rounded values. But it is so small value and will be transfered to object only if edited in position form. Will be fixed in next version.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users