Elvas Tower: Units not going to power after releasing dynamic brakes. - Elvas Tower

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Units not going to power after releasing dynamic brakes. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Claude350 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 02 January 2017 - 12:52 PM

I'm not sure what is happening or why. When I release the dynamic brake and go to power nothing happens. The train will continue to lose spend until it comes to a stop. How can this be fixed or is there a fix for it? Thanks in advance.

#2 User is offline   Jovet 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS/Open Rails

Posted 02 January 2017 - 09:21 PM

Have you added or dropped any cars from your consist when this happens? Or does this happen from the start? Is it just one specific locomotive doing this?

#3 User is offline   Claude350 

• Hostler

Posted 03 January 2017 - 11:17 AM

I hadn't added or dropped off any cars. I was approaching a speed restriction. After slowing to the required speed which was 40mph I open the throttle to hold the speed. The amps increases but train continued to slow until it stopped completely. I was using an SD75M. I've had it happen to an SF Sd45-2.in a completely different activity and route.

#4 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 03 January 2017 - 11:48 AM

A screenshot showing the F5 HUD might help.

#5 User is offline   Claude350 

• Hostler

Posted 03 January 2017 - 01:43 PM

View Postcopperpen, on 03 January 2017 - 11:48 AM, said:

A screenshot showing the F5 HUD might help.

Posting that doesn't solve the problem. All you will see is the meter pegged for power while the train is rolling to a stop. The HUD shows that I'm in power mode, train brakes released, and dynamic brakes are off, engine brakes are released. I'm not trying to be harsh here. I've been at this for a long time now and I know when there is an issue. There is a post over at Open Rails on the Trainsim.com site. Other simmers are having the same issue.

#6 User is offline   Claude350 

• Hostler

Posted 04 January 2017 - 02:31 PM

Replacing the AI and trail units has fixed the issue for me. I believe it has something to do with the units not having throttle or dynamic brake sections in the file like the driveable units. This was reported over at trainsim.com as being the culprit.

#7 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 04 January 2017 - 02:53 PM

View PostClaude350, on 04 January 2017 - 02:31 PM, said:

Replacing the AI and trail units has fixed the issue for me. I believe it has something to do with the units not having throttle or dynamic brake sections in the file like the driveable units. This was reported over at trainsim.com as being the culprit.

Been experimenting. I put the throttle and brake data into the two Trail engines of the fast ford consist. That made no difference. Then I renamed the trail eng files, did a copy/paste of the player eng and renamed the copy to TRAIL and edited the internal calls to match. Then the problem went away. Then I edited the controls section out, leaving the cabview. Still worked normally so it seems that somewhere we have a bug that does not disconnect the dynamic brakes of units without a cabview, linking that to the throttle instead so opening the throttle puts the trail engines into dynamic braking, but the HUD shows increasing power on all engines in the consist . Running with TRAIL units in V1.1 does not cause the problem.

#8 User is offline   Claude350 

• Hostler

Posted 04 January 2017 - 06:52 PM

View Postcopperpen, on 04 January 2017 - 02:53 PM, said:

Been experimenting. I put the throttle and brake data into the two Trail engines of the fast ford consist. That made no difference. Then I renamed the trail eng files, did a copy/paste of the player eng and renamed the copy to TRAIL and edited the internal calls to match. Then the problem went away. Then I edited the controls section out, leaving the cabview. Still worked normally so it seems that somewhere we have a bug that does not disconnect the dynamic brakes of units without a cabview, linking that to the throttle instead so opening the throttle puts the trail engines into dynamic braking, but the HUD shows increasing power on all engines in the consist . Running with TRAIL units in V1.1 does not cause the problem.

I'm using the latest version and was having issues. I prefer to have all driveable units in the consist. Eventually I will replace AI and trail units in the player consist.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users