Elvas Tower: Signalshapes are not displayed as given by the selected options - Elvas Tower

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Signalshapes are not displayed as given by the selected options TSRE5 show default and default-optionalparts Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:my own

Posted 05 June 2017 - 09:14 AM

No. You didn't answered my question.
Then, how about shape matrices (subobjects) that are not in sigcfg file. Are these always hidden, or always visible?

#12 User is offline   eugenR 

• Conductor
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 05 June 2017 - 01:40 PM

View PostGoku, on 05 June 2017 - 09:14 AM, said:

No. You didn't answered my question.
Then, how about shape matrices (subobjects) that are not in sigcfg file. Are these always hidden, or always visible?

Sorry, so I will try to give you the Rules what parts of the shape are in witch condition to display:
For explication I have attached an other Shape (test.s) it has 8 Matrices and 5 Sub_Objects

1) matrices and Subobjects are different things, look for Sub_objects in the shape, a sub_Object can contain one or more Matrices.

2) The Sub_Object 0 is always to display, with all his matrices, here the Matrice 0 (SIGNAL) and 5 (HINTERPFOSTEN).
geometry_node_map ( 8 0 -1 -1 -1 -1 1 -1 -1 )

3) all other sub_Objects ( 1...4 ) are not to display,
Exeption: The Name of the Matrice with "0" in the geometry_node_map of a SubObject is found in a used SignalSubObj of sigcfg.dat. If the SignalSubObj is used you will find in the Worldfile.

Example in the attached shape:
Subobject 1
geometry_node_map ( 8 -1 -1 -1 0 1 -1 -1 -1
0 = HEAD1, 1 = Schirm1
Wenn HEAD1 is found in Sigcfg.dat and used (see Worldfile) this two Matrice are to display.
If only a SignalSubObj with the Name Schirm1 is used and not HEAD1, nothing of this Subobject is to display

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  test.zip (39.72K)
    Number of downloads: 5

#13 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant

Posted 05 June 2017 - 03:16 PM

I think it's too complicated. I have more questions than before.* I don't want to waste my time for making my own example .s files and checking how it works.
So if someone will explain me in details how subobject visibility works in .s files, it will be implemented. Otherwise, not.

* How geometry node values works, if one subobject can have many matrices, then visibility of subobj is "or" or "and" of matrices.

#14 User is offline   Jovet 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:MSTS/Open Rails

Posted 06 June 2017 - 02:14 PM

View PostGoku, on 05 June 2017 - 03:16 PM, said:

I think it's too complicated. I have more questions than before.* I don't want to waste my time for making my own example .s files and checking how it works.
So if someone will explain me in details how subobject visibility works in .s files, it will be implemented. Otherwise, not.

I could be wrong about all of this, but it's my understanding that an MSTS shape file can have 64 sub-objects (0-63) and more than one matrix can be assigned to any of these.

Based on that: for a signal, the main sub-object, sub-object #0, is always visible. All other sub-objects are hidden unless specifically called for by an active SignalSubObj entry. When a SignalSubObj specifies a named matrix to show, all matrices with the same sub-object ID should be shown.

TSRE and Open Rails should accept any legal matrix name for any SignalSubObj entry, and ignore any situation where a shape file doesn't actually posses the named matrix. Open Rails should generate a warning message in this situation, if shape warnings are enabled. TSRE might do the same, but should only generate an error for each matrix name on each SignalShape once per session.

#15 User is offline   roeter 

• Vice President

Posted 06 June 2017 - 04:30 PM

View PostJovet, on 06 June 2017 - 02:14 PM, said:

I could be wrong about all of this, but it's my understanding that an MSTS shape file can have 64 sub-objects (0-63) and more than one matrix can be assigned to any of these.

The signal definition only supports 32 SignalSubObj definitions (only 32 bits available to indicate SignalSubObj selection in the signal definition in the World file : SignalSubObj ( 00008003 ) (hexadecimal flag : 8 x 4 = 32 bits)).

Regards,
Rob Roeterdink

#16 User is offline   eugenR 

• Conductor

Posted 07 June 2017 - 11:47 AM

View PostGoku, on 05 June 2017 - 03:16 PM, said:

* How geometry node values works, if one subobject can have many matrices, then visibility of subobj is "or" or "and" of matrices.

Hi Goku,
I can understand, if you are thinking to stop the work about displaying signal parts.
It is a complicate logic and not really essential for TSRE5.

however I have tried to write down all my knowledge about this theme, so you can study the functions with all conditions together. The most part I have learned by using Signals and developing the Swiss signaling system. I don't know if this rules are somewhere written down. Don't hesitate to ask, if something is not clear, perhaps also my not perfect English.

kind regards
EugenR

Attached File(s)

#17 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant

Posted 08 June 2017 - 10:15 AM

Try this: http://koniec.org/ts...RE5_v0.6913.exe

#18 User is offline   Jovet 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:MSTS/Open Rails

Posted 09 June 2017 - 04:58 AM

View Postroeter, on 06 June 2017 - 04:30 PM, said:

The signal definition only supports 32 SignalSubObj definitions (only 32 bits available to indicate SignalSubObj selection in the signal definition in the World file).

Yes Rob, but that is outside anything I talked about, which is the structure of the .s file format itself.

View PosteugenR, on 07 June 2017 - 11:47 AM, said:

I can understand, if you are thinking to stop the work about displaying signal parts.
It is a complicate logic and not really essential for TSRE5.

I disagree. I think things should look in the editor as close as possible to what they do in the game proper. It's already easy to miss things like floating objects and obnoxious terrain in an editor while they become very visible in the game itself. Signals should look configured correctly in any editor.
I appreciate Goku taking the time to work on this.

#19 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant

Posted 09 June 2017 - 06:27 AM

View PostJovet, on 09 June 2017 - 04:58 AM, said:

It's already easy to miss things like floating objects and obnoxious terrain in an editor while they become very visible in the game itself.

In TSRE you see everything better, because of detailed shadows:

http://i.imgur.com/A1VcrZs.png

#20 User is offline   eugenR 

• Conductor

Posted 10 June 2017 - 02:40 PM

View PostGoku, on 08 June 2017 - 10:15 AM, said:

Hi Goku,
I have tried this release and found two problems:
first problem:
If there are now signals on the route and I try to set the first Signal the TSRE5 is showing this:
Attached File  first_signal.jpg (338.58K)
Number of downloads: 6
If I save and restart, TSRE5 is showing the Signal correct.
If I set a first Signal by MSTS RE and a second by TSRE5 all is displayed correct.
I have attached a Testroute "CHTSRE5", so you can try also to set the signal.

second problem:
TSRE5 display the Option HILFSSIGNAL, the lowest HEAD, but this Option is not activatet. I can not deactivate this Option.
Attached File  Hilfssignal.jpg (302.61K)
Number of downloads: 4

I hope, the small testroute will help you to sort the problems
kind regards
EugenR

Attached File(s)

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users