#31 User is offline   Aldarion 

• Engineer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Owner
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 29 April 2020 - 06:05 AM

I place the A1tDblSlip6_3d.s
Give it elevation
Then place another piece of track and it does not snap toghether...
Why does this happen?
https://i.imgur.com/2EGvtvC.jpg

#32 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:my own

Posted 29 April 2020 - 06:16 AM

After changing track elevation, use double Z to refresh TDB data. And then add next tack.

#33 User is offline   Aldarion 

• Engineer
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 April 2020 - 08:11 AM

Oh.. I already tired that since sometimes when i place the double slip piece the black cubes for the cross point do not show…
and it was of no use. it still makes the same thing

#34 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:my own

Posted 29 April 2020 - 08:45 AM

Just remove the additional track too, it may be too close.

#35 User is offline   Aldarion 

• Engineer
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 April 2020 - 09:18 AM

sorry Goku. I dont folow that. in the example i show it with only two track pieces. and that was me trying it far from the station I'm building when this begun to happen!

#36 User is offline   Aldarion 

• Engineer
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 April 2020 - 09:35 AM

oh… i have 4091 errors in tdb.
I really dont get this… I rebuilt the trackdatabase two weeks ago... spend two weeks re-placing dynamics switches and all, built 100km of track and now this :( frustrating!

#37 User is offline   Aldarion 

• Engineer
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 April 2020 - 01:00 PM

Sorry to bother you again Vince. I'm getting frustrated with me track.

I'm trying to rebuilt trackdatabase again (after two weeks) but RE now crashes a lot and I dont know why. It crashes after 20 o3 30 mn while rebuilding, wish is so boring… and most of the times I cant take note of the w tile where it crashes… and it always crashes without a message.
Route riter has not been very helpfull either cause there is so much i can interpret from the Route integrity check report.

So, it crossed my mind to delete the local tsection.dat file and edit the route on TSRE. Here's what I found:

- Some dynamics work great when i double Z them.
- Others crash TSRE on the first Z
- Some switches work great with double Z
- Others crash in the first Z
- there are some normal trackpieces that already show the yellow tdb line not following the shape.

Is it possible to rebuild the local tsection.dat?

#38 User is offline   vince 

• Superintendant
  • Simulator:ORTS_Running MSTS_Editing

Posted 30 April 2020 - 02:39 PM

View PostAldarion, on 30 April 2020 - 01:00 PM, said:

...............snip.............................................

So, it crossed my mind to delete the local tsection.dat file and edit the route on TSRE. Here's what I found:

A- Some dynamics work great when i double Z them.
B- Others crash TSRE on the first Z
C- Some switches work great with double Z
D- Others crash in the first Z
E- there are some normal trackpieces that already show the yellow tdb line not following the shape.

Is it possible to rebuild the local tsection.dat?

Maybe . . .
A & B I'd select, note the parameters then delete and replace the DyTrk
C & D Same as for DyTrk. Anything looking out of order, delete and replace.
E-Select, delete and replace.

Be sure you DONT have Auto-Add to TDB selected. You want track add to TDB only by your finger on the 'Z' key.
After any replacement and all look okay, then it's Z and save. The Ctrl+Q toggles autoadd tdb 'There is NO INDICATION!
The ONLY way to know is to place a small test track and deselect it. If the Yellow line comes on you're in Auto-Add TDB Mode!

You posted

I'm trying to rebuilt trackdatabase again (after two weeks) but RE now crashes a lot and I dont know why.
The MSRE Database Rebuilder is a very buggy application. To achieve a successful rebuild the TDB,TIT,RDB,RIT files must be deleted.
If not done, the rebuilder simply copies the old files, the one with errors and calls it done!
Also mixing editors can crush a route. You mention a Yellow database still showing after a rebuild! That cannot be unless track was moved without removing from the TDB first.I have also found in doing the LIRR that RouteRiter gives ICHK test errors if route is edited with TSRE. ICHK crashes if it finds DynTrk with a positive (right) curve as MSTS DynTrk only left curve (negative) (the signs show in dt properties.)So I do not use MSTS Route Editor any more. Using TSRE and it's tools I've no need.

I'd respectfully suggest you count all your editing to this point as 'Editor School'. That's what I did.
I built a 3 tile route using only TSRE and built it up for almost a year as practice, mainly all kinds of track and road work signals crossings sidings platforms and speed posts. Anything to do with a routed database files. . Then I practiced some more, 2 years rebuilding parts of the PRR-East v2.

regards,
vince

#39 User is offline   Aldarion 

• Engineer
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 April 2020 - 03:38 PM

Sorry Vince. I may have explained myself poorly. Here's the full story.

I've been building this route for almost 8 years. And it's my 4th route. The others were smalll and pretty much what you mentioned has editor school.

This route, with more than 1200km by now, is beeing layed in the last eight years. There were two years that i simply stopped out of frustration with RE and I started it again when i discovered TSRE5 and learned to work with it… some four years ago. Since that time everything was working great. And even merged two of the previous tracks I've built before and worked like a charm. Early this year I started placing interactives. And there were som problems when I started altering one of the stations. After much fuss and your insights in early March I was able to make a sucsessful tdb rebuild - the first in all these years, and done in acordance to those fine rules you just mentioned (I also delete bk's and such). After that rebuild some dynamics disapeared, many switch points also disapeared. So I've spend the last 5 weeks replacing all of them. Two days ago I started laying one more track branch, about 100km and finished a station layout that I never got completed. When placing a double slip There was something wrong - as noted in a previous image posted - after adding elevation.

Anyway, I mentioned having the yellow line after the rebuilt - but the tentative rebuilt was not sucsessful. So I editied in TSRE5 and started selecting track pieces and hitting Z - I already use Auto-Add to TDB to false. I guess I must wait for Goku to develop tdb rebuild in TSRE

#40 User is offline   Aldarion 

• Engineer
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 April 2020 - 03:51 PM

That problem with the double slip… it appears to happen with that A1tDblSlip6_3d.s only. It does not happen, for example with the A1tDblSlip7_5d.s

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users