• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

OR Track Viewer failing to load route Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   JBrownCS 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher
  • Simulator:ORTS

Posted 19 September 2016 - 11:46 PM

I am experiencing a problem where if I add track to a route using the TSRE route editor the OR track viewer gives me a 'route cannot be loaded ' error. This happens when I add brand new track to a route or if I add track to a route hat already has track added by the MSTS RE.

I have been pressing the Z key when using TSRE. Also, I can create activities and run trains so I am having trouble understanding why the OR Track Viewer gives me the load error.

#2 User is offline   Goku 

• Superintendant
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:my own

Posted 20 September 2016 - 03:43 AM

TrackViewer don't like empty TrackDB or TrackNodes in .tdb or .rdb. Easy solution is: place any road in your route if you have none. Atlernative: if you have no roads delete everything in .rdb file except firs line.

#3 User is offline   JBrownCS 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: Dispatcher

Posted 20 September 2016 - 10:37 AM

View PostGoku, on 20 September 2016 - 03:43 AM, said:

TrackViewer don't like empty TrackDB or TrackNodes in .tdb or .rdb. Easy solution is: place any road in your route if you have none. Atlernative: if you have no roads delete everything in .rdb file except firs line.

Goku: Thanks for replying. Adding a road did the trick. I really am enjoying using your new editor.

#4 User is offline   JeroenP 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 07 January 2018 - 09:45 AM

Dear all,
I know this is an old post. But I am doing a few maintenance updates to improve the robustness of TrackViewer, Being able to deal with more issues in some of the files is part of that.

Indeed, TrackViewer cannot handle an empty .tdb file. I do not think that is a big issue. If there ar enot tracks there is nothing to view. So it does not make sense for TrackViewer to open anything.
For the .rdb (roads), that is different. I think it should support all kinds of .rdb contents, even if some things are empty. However, I was not able to reproduce the issue.

So I would appreciate it if anyone can share one or a few .rdb files that cannot be loaded in TrackViewer, so I can improve.

Best regards. Jeroen.

#5 User is offline   JeroenP 

• Fireman
  • Group: Status: Active Member

Posted 08 January 2018 - 10:56 AM

Never mind. I saw that Carlos solved this long time ago (https://bugs.launchp...or/+bug/1663352).
Jeroen

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users