Elvas Tower: Major Issues with Speed Limits - Elvas Tower

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Major Issues with Speed Limits Some Speed Limits function correctly, others do not Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   ATW 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS Open Rails

Posted 08 June 2016 - 07:01 AM

Will or does logic allow distance signals with signal speeds to be used? If so what is the script?

#22 User is offline   eugenR 

• Conductor
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 08 June 2016 - 09:40 AM

View PostATW, on 08 June 2016 - 07:01 AM, said:

Will or does logic allow distance signals with signal speeds to be used? If so what is the script?

Look here perhaps it solve Your Problem:
http://www.elvastowe...ling-functions/

Look also Chapter 10.15.2 of the Manual
10.15 OR-specific Signaling Functions
10.15.2 Definition and Usage

With this new SignalType SPEEDSIGNAL You can rise the Signalspeedlimit without a real Signal type NORMAL on the Track.

#23 User is offline   Jovet 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS/Open Rails

Posted 08 June 2016 - 10:49 AM

View PostATW, on 08 June 2016 - 07:01 AM, said:

I wan to add to eugenR's post: Speed limits assigned to non-NORMAL signals (that MSTS supports) do not make any difference. You can assign speed limits to DISTANCE signal heads, but they will never be enforced onto a train. Only NORMAL type signals matter to player and AI trains.

The SPEEDSIGNAL signal type, offered by OR, is a very handy solution to several of these limitations.

I am going to do some more-extensive testing with speed limits because what I have noticed on routes doesn't seem to correspond to what I'm seeing described here.

#24 User is offline   charland 

• Vice President
  • Simulator:MSTS/OR

Posted 08 June 2016 - 03:34 PM

Hi Guys,

Sorry I wasn't much help with this, spent the last five day moving, just got back on the internet a couple of hours ago.

I'm just a route builder, spent hundreds of hours putting this stuff together in a MSTS editor and when I see it work there, I would hope it would work the same in OR. Just discovered the SW1200RSs I created for the DAR route go a little nuts at night when you go from low headlight to high headlight, half the polygons go black, the other half go bright.

I'm a little discouraged. I started the Conn River Route 32 months ago and at that time reported a bug with the transfers. At the time instead of OR just reading the size a person entered in RE, OR was shrinking the transfers. That got solved but the solution added a black line around the transfers that is not on the textures, this was deemed "low priority" and two and a half years later when I'm close to completing the route the black lines around the transfers are still there. Sorry, but I see a lot of glitch and glamour being added every other week to OR but nothing being done to improve OR for people working on new routes. I can't see myself touching another route now.

Paul

#25 User is offline   ATW 

• Engineer
  • Simulator:MSTS Open Rails

Posted 08 June 2016 - 10:46 PM

Current issue I been seeing with ORTS SPEEDSIGNAL is if I set in a route that displays special speeds depending on signal indication I get a problem in speed limit changes. Speeds of the most cautious-restrictive signal I get the speed limits changed properly like I like it. But if I pass a clear signal set to not have prior passed special placed OR signal speed limit markers like a clear, the speeds after passing clear change the speed limit to most restrictive because a part of my train is over on top of the most restrictive limit set by signal indication because of course signal turned RED because my head end is occupying in the circuit but resets once rear has passed the reset speed or new speed post... Speed Reset does not work immediately prior to head end direction passing or I am in need of a proper script.

I'm looking for ways for signal speeds to be triggered prior to head direction end passing signal an resetting to resume back to regular speed limits after passing a signal that has no speed limits resuming like a Clear which MSTS has always done. Example like in MSTS is passing a Stop & Proceed signal at restricted speed limit set by signal... pass the head end through a Clear an speed limit is resumed back to route speed limit set by speed post.

#26 User is offline   Jovet 

• Open Rails Developer
  • Simulator:MSTS/Open Rails

Posted 09 June 2016 - 10:23 AM

View Postcharland, on 08 June 2016 - 03:34 PM, said:

...and a half years later when I'm close to completing the route the black lines around the transfers are still there.

It's a bit off-topic for this thread, but I wanted to inquire: I've never seen these black lines. Is there a thread on here talking about this, or any screen shots available?

#27 User is offline   charland 

• Vice President
  • Simulator:MSTS/OR

Posted 09 June 2016 - 10:25 AM

I'll set it up Joseph.

Paul :-)

#28 User is offline   bnsf4324 

• Apprentice
  • Group: Status: First Class
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 16 September 2016 - 08:32 AM

If I recall, when you are in Explore Mode, the speed limits act like they did on the original game. In OR, in Activity mode, they act like they should. If this a bug? Maybe. Then again, I haven't really had the time to investigate further.

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users