• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Brake information in OR Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Sven 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Aerosoft

Posted 05 April 2016 - 12:35 PM

What is the proper setting for angle cock front/rear? Closed, I presume. So in the column it should say A- and B- ?

In the column before the angle cock control it says "Conn", and in the column it shows either T or I. What is this, and what is the proper setting? It seems that the loco has the T setting, and the wagons I.

It is particularly tricky to get a diesel consist from British rail to work. Do they use different settings from the rest of Europe/USA?

What is the problem when the value for BP pressure and EOT pressure show a negative value? Something leaking?

Regards

Sven

#2 User is offline   cr-stagg 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:OR

Posted 07 April 2016 - 04:39 PM

View PostSven, on 05 April 2016 - 12:35 PM, said:

In the column before the angle cock control it says "Conn", and in the column it shows either T or I. What is this, and what is the proper setting? It seems that the loco has the T setting, and the wagons I.

Regards

Sven

Conn is short hand for connection. It refers to the brake air hose connection. The T indicates a terminal and the I connected front and rear. The last WAG has an I but I guess that is just because there is no upside down T. Keying F9 to bring up the Train Operation window and selecting one of the items in the consist you can toggle (disconnect/connect) any front brake hose.

#3 User is offline   Hamza97 

• Engineer
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 07 April 2016 - 07:45 PM

Also, the very first rolling stock of your consists should have A-B+ whereas the last rolling stock should have A+B- . All others in between should be A+B+, this will ensure proper braking of your entire consists or you may end up braking only on some wagons in consists.... :)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users