• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Floating rails Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Sven 

• Hostler
  • Group: Status: Active Member
  • Simulator:Aerosoft

Posted 01 April 2016 - 10:12 AM

Am running a MSTS add-on, the Glacier Express 2 (simtrain) via OR. The landscape looks surrealistic, the rails and some houses floating approx. 50 meters above the ground. Even distant mountains look weird.
Anybody has a clue how to get the landscape back in order?
Experienced similar with a couple of other add-ons.
Reinstall?
Attach OR log file.

Regards

Sven

Attached File(s)

#2 User is offline   Csantucci 

• Member, Board of Directors
  • Group: Status: Elite Member

Posted 03 April 2016 - 05:46 AM

I got an Italian forumer having the same problem, which was caused by a virus that changed file extensions, and it was the same file extension as yours, that is files .raw within directory TILES and LO_TILES. In fact your logfile has a bunch of warnings about .raw files missing.
Obviously first of all you should perform a good virus scan of your computer. After that you should re-install the faulty routes, or, if you are audacious, you could check how the .raw file extensions have been renamed, and rename them back (no guarantee of success from me in this case, but you could spare time if you get a positive result).

#3 User is offline   Sven 

• Hostler

Posted 03 April 2016 - 11:53 AM

Csantucci, on 03 April 2016 - 05:46 AM, said:

I got an Italian forumer having the same problem, which was caused by a virus that changed file extensions, and it was the same file extension as yours, that is files .raw within directory TILES and LO_TILES. In fact your logfile has a bunch of warnings about .raw files missing.
Obviously first of all you should perform a good virus scan of your computer. After that you should re-install the faulty routes, or, if you are audacious, you could check how the .raw file extensions have been renamed, and rename them back (no guarantee of success from me in this case, but you could spare time if you get a positive result).

Thanks a lot.
Regards
Sven

#4 User is offline   Sven 

• Hostler

Posted 09 April 2016 - 09:40 AM

Well, checked OK for viruses.
But here is what the log file looks for another MSTS add-on, run in OR. I cannot see anything on .raw files, but a lot on problems with ORTS viewer 3D, terrain tile and terrain viewer. And this is the problem, the 3 D picture is totally screwed. Maybe I should reinstall OR?

BTW, why do I constantly get a notification in clickable blue (top right corner) on the OR main screen that I should update to a new version, 1.1.1.3847? Thought the new version was just 1.1.

Regards

SvenAttached File  OpenRailsLog.txt (208.26K)
Number of downloads: 335

#5 User is offline   R H Steele 

• Executive Vice President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: ET Admin
  • Simulator:Open Rails

Posted 09 April 2016 - 10:46 AM

Sven, on 09 April 2016 - 09:40 AM, said:

BTW, why do I constantly get a notification in clickable blue (top right corner) on the OR main screen that I should update to a new version, 1.1.1.3847? Thought the new version was just 1.1.
Regards, Sven

Sven, Version 1.1 Revision Number is 3847 (see file named Revision.txt in OR directory) and the Version Number is 1.1 (see file named Version.txt in OR directory) - thus the complete number 1.1.3847.

That does not explain why the blue update notification has an extra "1" in it????

#6 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 09 April 2016 - 11:17 AM

Sven, on 09 April 2016 - 09:40 AM, said:

Well, checked OK for viruses.
But here is what the log file looks for another MSTS add-on, run in OR. I cannot see anything on .raw files, but a lot on problems with ORTS viewer 3D, terrain tile and terrain viewer. And this is the problem, the 3 D picture is totally screwed. Maybe I should reinstall OR?

Regards

Sven OpenRailsLog.txt

The long list of warnings are telling you that OR cannot find a number of .raw files in the tiles folder. I also see that you have MSTS installed in C:\Program Files (x86) and you are running Windows 8.1. It may well be that when you installed the Glacier Express addon some files got moved into the Virtual Store folder. If that is so, then OR is rightly saying the files are not where they should be.

#7 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 10 April 2016 - 07:20 AM

R H Steele, on 09 April 2016 - 10:46 AM, said:

Sven, Version 1.1 Revision Number is 3847 (see file named Revision.txt in OR directory) and the Version Number is 1.1 (see file named Version.txt in OR directory) - thus the complete number 1.1.3847.

That does not explain why the blue update notification has an extra "1" in it????

Because there is an update available to version 1.1.1.3847. Update!

1.1.1.3847 contains a fix to one of the data files included with OR; it won't affect the game but it makes me sad people aren't updating.

#8 User is offline   Sven 

• Hostler

Posted 10 April 2016 - 11:15 AM

James Ross, on 10 April 2016 - 07:20 AM, said:

Because there is an update available to version 1.1.1.3847. Update!

1.1.1.3847 contains a fix to one of the data files included with OR; it won't affect the game but it makes me sad people aren't updating.

...but last time I did so OR stopped working and I had to reinstall. According to Elvas more users hav had the same problem. Is it safe now to update?
/sven

#9 User is offline   James Ross 

• Open Rails Developer

Posted 10 April 2016 - 01:26 PM

Sven, on 10 April 2016 - 11:15 AM, said:

...but last time I did so OR stopped working and I had to reinstall. According to Elvas more users hav had the same problem. Is it safe now to update?

We don't know why you had a problem updating but there are a hundred plus people updating OR every day - including a total of 492 recorded updates from 1.1.3487 to 1.1.1.3487 - and there's just a couple of people who've reported any issues. If we figure out something OR is doing wrong, we'll fix it, but it doesn't seem to be a general problem right now. You can always download from the website if you have an issue, or skip the built-in updater if you want - I won't mind - I just want people to be on the latest version. :)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users