• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Driving steam in OR Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   Hobo 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:OPEN RAILS & MSTS

Posted 30 December 2015 - 06:41 AM

I think that Conbuilder has a problem if the engine file is strictly OR and won't load some engines after a complete OR rework . I usually leave a few of the old MSTS parameters in so that I don't get the errors in conbuilder .If you rename an engine after a rework I sometimes just edit the old consist manually and change the name in the consist itself after copying the MSTS consist to the OR consist with the new name . Saves some time and annoyance .

#12 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 31 December 2015 - 05:17 AM

The H class 0-4-4t basic MSTS file behaves as expected in OR. It can be driven with full forward gear applied, but will not run for too long at full throttle before running out of steam and blowing the fusible plugs. It has a higher than expected TE because there are some basic ORTS parameters missing that the code has to guess at. I have worked up an OR version of the eng file and this will also allow you to drive with full forward gear and full throttle. It does not gain speed quite as fast and will run out of boiler pressure and steam much faster than the MSTS file allows if driven in this manner.

As it is not allowed to attach files in this forum for some reason I will see about uploading to the library later on.

#13 User is offline   Coolhand101 

• Foreman Of Engines
  • Group: Status: Contributing Member
  • Simulator:MSTS

Posted 31 December 2015 - 08:57 AM

View Postcopperpen, on 31 December 2015 - 05:17 AM, said:

The H class 0-4-4t basic MSTS file behaves as expected in OR. It can be driven with full forward gear applied, but will not run for too long at full throttle before running out of steam and blowing the fusible plugs. It has a higher than expected TE because there are some basic ORTS parameters missing that the code has to guess at. I have worked up an OR version of the eng file and this will also allow you to drive with full forward gear and full throttle. It does not gain speed quite as fast and will run out of boiler pressure and steam much faster than the MSTS file allows if driven in this manner.

As it is not allowed to attach files in this forum for some reason I will see about uploading to the library later on.

Many thanks for looking at this engine. When it comes to steam, i know a few basic ENG parameters but nothing more.

#14 User is offline   copperpen 

• Executive Vice President
  • Group: Status: Elite Member
  • Simulator:MSTS & OR

Posted 01 January 2016 - 05:23 AM

Cant be bothered to investigate uploading here, so instead here is a link to the H class OR eng file. To use it without disturbing your MSTS eng file, create an OpenRails folder in the engine folder and place the OR eng file in it. https://dc2.safesync...p?a=68M0SRCE-wU

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users